Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Is this an issue only with the 07 + sedan/coupe with Dual TB? or is it something that I have to worry about with my 05 G35 if i ever do a TB cleaning?

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Don't move or bump the flapper !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Talked to my mechanic (Nissan Master Mechanic) about this yesterday. I mentioned trying it on my own and he cautioned me doing it myself and he even admitted a pro doing it can be tricky. The TB are very sensitive and you can really mess up if it is done wrong. He has seen people try it and then end up bringing it in to him to fix. Sometimes he can fix it with a reset and other times for unknown reasons it just doesn't work and new TB have to be put in. He said the only time to clean them is when there is a performance issue and even then he doesn't touch the TB unless he absolutely has to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same thing...change the spark plugs and saw the dirty TB's, so naturally I cleaned them. Restart and throttle bounce. Tried all the manual relearns...nothing. Called the Nissan dealership and he said he wasnt familiar with the issue and didnt want to touch my car. Called the nearby Infiniti dealer and he said he has seen it a couple times. He said all my car should need is a $80 ECM flash/idle relearn. He said over the years he has only seen a couple instances where the TB's needed to be replaced. He was not concerned about moving the butterfly valve at all...

I am planning on going tomorrow to get the dealer to do their hopeful magic...wish me luck!!!

hi i am having the same issue, but my local infiniti dealership want to charge me $175 just to do the diagnosis, and another $175 to do the relearn and if that doesnt work there going to charge me for any more testing..... so can you please tell me if the ECM relearn fixed the problem.??

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have to get a new throttle body you might as well get a performance one new... It's cheaper then a new factory model and it beats praying the junkyard piece is ok

21 - 27 of 27 Posts