Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
In his first month in office BO has pushed through an unprecedented $787 billion pork-laden economic stimulus package, announced plans to save the car industry, stabilize the stricken banking sector and stem the flood of home repossessions. Then came his near-$4-trillion budget, one of the most audacious agendas ever announced by a new president. He declared his intention not just to pump trillions of dollars into a short-term rescue for the economy, but also to press ahead with enormously costly plans to trigger a green industrial revolution, transform education and provide health coverage to all Americans. These are long term issues that have bedeviled Congress and other presidents for decades and achieving just one would be an extraordinary achievement. But BO wants all three, and RIGHT NOW fast. It is a manifesto document of such staggering ambition and risk that even some Democratic BO supporters are suddenly beginning to feel nauseous. There have been only a few watershed moments in U.S. history, and this is one. Because the public rejected the presidency that preceded him, he believes he has a mandate to reshape governing philosophy and electoral alignment. He is trying to crush conservatism and end the age of anti-tax, anti-regulation policies that have been the guiding philosophies of U.S. governance for more than a generation. He wants to usher in a New Deal-Great Society wealth redistribution and central federal intervention program of staggering proportion. He is gambling not only his own presidency, but the future well being of the country in his attempt to make govt indispensable to you. If he fails, he could bankrupt the world's largest economy. You should be scared.
It's obvious he's exploiting the fear of a great depression to advance his agenda; much the same as when the dems all screamed about how GWB used 9-11 to push us into war with Iraq. Fear is an enormous motivator for the masses, but he only has a limited window of opportunity to use it, hence the IMMEDIACY of his actions. Consistent with that, is his claiming that nothing will work short of the kind of sweeping, all inclusive plan he's proposing. When you terrify people, and back them up to the edge of a dark precipice, with the certain knowledge that they're imminently slipping further, you can pretty much get them to sign anything to get a hand on a rope to pull them from the brink. I thought BO was against torture, but it looks for all intents like he's waterboarding the entire US right now.

Believe me, I am scared!

·
Registered
200 Posts
No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
^^ uhmm....what do you call this? :

"Because each day we wait to begin the work of turning our economy around, more people lose their jobs, their savings and their homes. And if nothing is done, this recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse."

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
I was watching SNL last night. They had the Rock on. They did a The Rock Obama skit. I thought it was kinda funny.

Obama gets mad, then he changes into The Rock Obama.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
My head is hurting now. Maybe i am over thinking this but if this is some elaborate joke, then it is satirical genius... if not, then perhaps i just can't or won't accept that you would do a 180 so quickly... dammit i can't call it, damn you Gard, damn you... you filthy stinkin' butcher, you're blind!!
ha for real...its hard to tell whether hes joking or not

·
Registered
200 Posts
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!
Agreed. Making responsible financial decisions based on reasonable means would prevent such rediculous bailouts for poorly run financial institutions. lets bail out the drug czars because wanting more profit, they fouled up the cocaine formula... I know bad example.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
+1000000000000000

truer words have never been spoken! I am guilty at times myself and I am trying eliminate my reliance on credit

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
I have two houses, one is a shack but is paid for, the other one I owe about 1/3 the value of it. I will be glad when it is paid for.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Payback time for the Unions!

Another promise kept...

In April 2008, then-Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said in Philadelphia, “I’ve fought to pass the Employee Free Choice Act in the Senate. And I will make it the law of the land when I’m president of the United States of America.”

So what is this Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) all about?

While the media focus has been on the worker's right of secret vote when attempting to Unionize workplaces, EFCA does more than take away workers rights to vote in privacy. It gives government officials un-reproachable power to impose contracts on BOTH workers and firms.

How is that you ask?

Today, parties negotiate in good faith until they settle on terms. If both sides cannot reach an agreement, the union may call a strike and the employer may implement its last offer or even lock out workers. Both sides use their bargaining power to win concessions, but neither side must accept terms that they find unacceptable. Section 8(d) of the National Labor Relations Act specifies that the law "does not compel either party to agree to a proposal or require the making of a concession." The end result is a contract that both sides can live with, even if they would have preferred different terms. No contract takes effect unless workers believe they get a fair deal and management believes the contract will not bankrupt the firm. If negotiations break down, the workers can strike or management can lock them out, but neither side must work under an unsatisfactory contract.

And your point is...

Section 3 of EFCA effectively eliminates good faith bargaining for initial contracts because Government officials would write the collective bargaining agreements of most newly organized companies under arbitration.

Think about that for just a moment...

This system provides -zero- reason for unions to negotiate in good faith until they settle on terms acceptable to themselves and employer. Unions would have strong incentives to make such extreme demands that force arbitration, hoping the new 'government arbitrator' at least splits the difference between these demands and management's position. Under EFCA the government arbitrator would now set not just wages and benefits, but all business operations that significantly affect workers such as promotion procedures, retirement plans, health benefits, subcontracting, mergers, work assignments, even the machines used to run a plant for a period of two years. The government would decide how many employees a firm hired, how much it paid them, how it promotes them, and what retirement and health benefits they receive. Additionally, the government would also be empowered to make critical decisions regarding business operations. Any business operation that significantly affects workers' jobs or working conditions would be set by arbitrators—even the equipment employees use. The government would determine what tasks a firm subcontracts out for and what work gets performed in-house. It would even decide whether businesses could merge or whether they could relocate operations.

Let me repeat. Basically, Government bureaucrats would make every major business decision for newly organized businesses for two years. Given the power the government would wield over the private sector, EFCA effectively allows the government to run newly organized workplaces in what effectively constitutes a government takeover of America's workplaces. The Government bureaucrats writing these proposals at newly unionized companies would have no particular expertise in the company's operations or business model and would be totally unaccountable if their decisions harmed or even drove the company into bankruptcy.

Unbelievable! But wait, it gets even better...

In what should be a real eye-opener for any pro-Union workers buying into Obama's hype this Act promotes worker's collective benefit... WORKERS LOSE ALL THEIR RIGHTS TOO!! Under current law, workers can vote down a contract they do not support. Workers also have the right to honor a strike or to refrain from striking. All of these rights give workers some degree of autonomy and control over the union and their workplace. With imposed contracts in place, however, these rights disappear. EFCA does not allow workers to terminate the binding arbitration process. No matter how long arbitration drags on, the workers will remain stuck with it. And the Government arbitrator's word will be final, so a vote to reject the contract is out of the question. With a government-imposed contract, workers would lose all say in the workplace. They could not even ask their supervisors for a raise for good performance beyond what the contract specified. Wtf!??

So let's see here. Employers lose AND workers lose big, but the Govt and Union Fat Cats not only guaranty their Federal Gravy Train for several years, they do so in such away to completely eliminate the ability of either worker or firm to dissent. WooHoo Woot!! HAha fook 'em all!! Damn, I don't care who ya are, that's some 'efn Brilliant Obamanomics right there!!! :evil:

·
Registered
200 Posts

My G35 is currently my only debt, however I do plan to become a homeowner one day, I joke and tell people I will buy a house with cash, a good thought but far from reality. I will try to put as much down as possible when the time comes to avoid a huge debt and overpaying.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
^ obama will keep his promises but the better question is, is his promises gonna be positive towards the nation or they just gonna cause more chaos.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
and next on his list of things to "fix".......healthcare!
I bet he fvcks that all to hell too
Now that he has this fixed he can get on to some other business. I think pay scales should be standardized, it would make more sense if they were. Imagine, if all CEO's made the same amount of money and all fast food workers made the same amount. It could be something like pay scale 1, fast food counter workers = $8 and hour, store clerks $10, secretaries $12, and so on up to the top pay scale for CEO's of $50 and hour.

That would be great.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts