Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 80+ meg video of the g35c vs 350z vs m3 on a japanese roadcourse. its amazing. the 3 pro drivers speak in japanese but someone translated it for me. the test out the new g35c (which they call the nissan skyline over there) since its the hottest new sports car in japan and put it against the fairlady z (350z) and benchmark m3. if anyone wants this video emailed + translation, send me email and i can email it to you.

bottom line - the 350z was faster but could not catch the g35c in corners and was deemed less stable and worse at handling by the drivers. the g35c did awesome and the drivers said its extremely stable due to its extra weight, great brakes, great top speed, great balance. of course the m3 dusted all of them.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Welcome aboard, aperng. That video would be interesting to see... any chance you can post it somewhere? 80megs will kill my email server. [bigmouth]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks kloh. glad to be onboard finally. my g35c is 2 months old and i love it. i don't know where to post it. if anyone has suggestions, i'd be happy to put it somewhere so everyone can see this video.

6MT/premium package/Nav/aero/DP color

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go to http://riv.kicks-ass.net/ and upload it if you can. I'll host it for a couple weeks but due to space limitations I'll have to get rid of it after that.

-Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Riv -

you da man! go upload, aperng!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, now everyone can enjoy this amazing video (upload successful). here is the unembellished tranlation of the commentary:

the 3 drivers said everyone has waited years for nissan to be able to
produce a sports coupe that was really worthy and they finally have. they
said the skyline is currently the hottest sports car in japan. they were
excited to test it out and compare it against the benchmark m3 on the track.
the skyline is 80 kg heavier than the fairlady zed and this was a concern.
they talked about engine output and tire width and lbs/hp of course. during
take off the fairlady zed started to catch the skyline (which shocked me).
but during cornering they said the skyline was much more stable than the zed
due to the extra weight. they said the 80kg difference gave the skyline more
momentum and stability around the corners. the fairlady zed driver was
initially quiet cause he was concentrating so hard to try to catch the
skyline and offered no audio comments. after a while the fairlady zed driver
said he could not catch the skyline. the skyline driver said the brakes were
very stable and it handled very well. the m3 driver remarked the skyline was
doing very well after he blew past the fairlady but was frustrated cause the
skyline driver cut him off. the fairlady zed fell back in the pack and was
falling behind more due to its slightly less adept handling. it took a while
for the m3 guy to overtake the skyline (during the straight run). they said
the skyline was not that fast, but it made it up in handling. after the race
all 3 guys said the skyline did very well and they compared notes. they said
the balance was good, great brakes, great top speed and it handled great,
but nothing can match the m3 in terms of raw acceleration. it was simply too
fast on straight runs. they look forward to new mods and versions of the
skyline that will be coming out soon.

2003.5 6MT | premium package | Nav | aero | DP+willow

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Also, in this video, the driver of the Skyline was the son of the driver of the M3. The driver of the Z and M3 are both veterans of the racing circuit, whereas the driver of the Skyline is still a "rookie."

I saw this months ago on a different forum. I just thought that it had been posted hear before.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
114 Posts
Man, great video, awsome to see those 3 head to head. Very great results for the G35 crowd. Hope it didn't take too long to upload/download I'm running a 1.7 Athlon with cable modem connection and 256mb ddr ram so it's not the fastest machine. I'll leave it on there as long as I can, no bandwidth restrictions so download all you want. Any other videos feel free to post them.

-Riv

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Thanks for allowing that vid on your site Riv. I am currently downloading it.

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Can someone explain how to find the file on Riv's server? I don't see it anywhere?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
For some reason, it's not working for me...All I get is audio, and no video. Any help would be great.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The link is http://riv.kicks-ass.net/uploads/g35zm3.mpeg, just right click it and click SAVE AS to save it, Im downloading it right now, I hope to see it in the morning.. BTW nice cgi server..

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
sav and kloh, if you still can't get it from Riv's server in the morning e-mail me and I will give you my AIM screen name and I can send it to yall through that.

If you are only getting audio and no video, you might want to go to www.divx.com and download the divx codec for media player (if you use MS) or a divx player. That should fix your problem.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

The link is http://riv.kicks-ass.net/uploads/g35zm3.mpeg, just right click it and click SAVE AS to save it, Im downloading it right now, I hope to see it in the morning.. BTW nice cgi server..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks, bizz. Downloading it now!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
None of my divx files work anymore...I don't know whats going on[bigmouth]. Oh well I get my car today.[:D]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I got it working...I actualy watched it on my TV. Thats a bad ass video! Thanks alot aperng and riv.[:D]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry to anyone on a 24.90.*.* ip address, I've been getting a few denial of service attempts coming from ip addresses starting with 24 and I've had to shut down access to those addresses. If you have an ip address that's 24.90.*.* let me know your address and I'll turn access on for that specific address.

Sorry if this has caused any problems.

-Riv

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, my weak computer can't handle it so from 5pm - 11pm cst the server will shut down so my family can use the internet without being bogged down. Feel free to download at other times.

-Riv

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Riv, thanks for letting us use the server. Sorry for killing it!

I'm sure no one will complain about you shutting it down. Anyone who does will have to answer to rlipps. [bigmouth]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
And I won't be gentle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts