Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do me and possibly yourself a favor by scanning the entire lip of the trunk near the rear window. Look for rust along the lip and also deteriorating paint. I looked at mine about a week ago only to find rust and paint chips. I brought it to a body shop where they said that it is a defect. Infiniti folded the metal over too thin so the paint could not adhere.
Im pissed and drunk and Im calling my dealer tomorrow morning.[bigmouth][:(!][banghead][irk][rage][timebomb]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
ljcav, how long have you had your car? or, rather, how long before this started happening? (I'll check mine tonight).

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Checked, mine, clear. [thmsup] Your better bitch at the dealer! Rust prevention is one of their most bulletproof warranties!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mine's good too.

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
mine checks out.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good luck with the rust LJ...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive only had my car since november, this should not be happening.
The dealer said they are going to replace it. But Im gonna really see that they do cause I dont want this s*** happening again.
Thanks everyone, keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ljcav7788
The dealer said they are going to replace it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The entire trunk lid? Xcellent!

XL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts