Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have two real complaints about my G 6MT.

1) the Bose system is hideous but I'll replacing that right quick.

2) the traction control system has the personality of a little girl. It freaks out at the faintest hint of breaking traction, which means a fast jump off the line with a tiny bit of wheel chirp (ideal) powers down the engine. I've was once beaten dragging because of it and it constantly grabs me when a moment of spirit hits me. I know the stupid thing has an off button but it defaults to on every time I start the car. I want a way to reverse that.

If I could make it default to off, that would be ideal as I don't like making modifications I know will devalue the car. Failing that, simply deactivating it would be the next best thing. With any luck, one of you will tell me it has a seperate computer for this and I can pull the breaker for that line. However, if it's run off the same onboard computer as everything else, this will be more complicated...

If no one has any info, I may have to break out my EE skills and get creative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check Freshalloys. Someone there did the mod and it worked. WHen he started the car, the VDC defaulted to "off" position. Good Luck!

2003 G35 Coupe, Black, Graphite, Premium, 6sp

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've heard that too semi. The VDC is apparently overly sensative and will retard the power at the slighest blip. If you do install that mod, let us know how it goes (how difficult it was). I would like a switch that would flip between default on and default off.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading through the article on the other site, it looks like pulling the fuse for the VDC may also kill the ABS, but the modification they're using is just a delay that triggers the momentary switch.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Right you were. To anyone else interested:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67219223&Forum=All_Forums&Words=disable vdc&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=67218954&Search=true#Post67219223
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I know this is old but was wondering if you ever did this

6MT|Ivory Pearl|Willow Leather|Premium Package

·
Registered
649 Posts
Way to go! Read the old posts. Thar' be gold in them thar' hills-I mean them old posts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I was amazed at the first time I turned off VDC and made a non-screeching launch. The car pulled back like I hadn't felt before. I really didn't care for it. People talk about how much VDC is a pain in the ass, or gets in the way of fun. I can't imagine making it OFF for everyday driving. Driving with it off turns a luxurious ride into a getto nascar piece.

-Chris

·
Registered
413 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gte192t

I was amazed at the first time I turned off VDC and made a non-screeching launch. The car pulled back like I hadn't felt before. I really didn't care for it. People talk about how much VDC is a pain in the ass, or gets in the way of fun. I can't imagine making it OFF for everyday driving. It turns a luxurious ride into a getto nascar piece.

-Chris
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have to agree with gte. Especially after watching the skyline vids demonstrating how effective VDC is when it is on, I figure it is sensitive for a reason and would want it on unless I expressly turn it off. I mean, is it really that hard to hit the button before you race someone? If you want to be able to smoke your tires at every intersection on your commute without thinking about it, then go for it but don't go whining when you hit that black ice and forgot to turn it on.

2004 Coupe 6MT, Black, premium

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Perhaps Semi-On should have changed his user name to Full-On? [:D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts