Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i picked up my g35 coupe 6mt diamond graphite / willow

i want to know what everyone is paying on a 3 year lease with 15k miles.

thanks for the advise [thmsup]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there! I was just about to post the exact same topic. I have not purchased mine yet but I was going to be leasing. How did you do on your lease mattlinda?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't think that many people here are leasing. In a site for enthusiasts of the car, you're far more likely to find people that bought the car rather than rent it.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'll have to dissagree with Semi here. While I'm not sure how many lease'ers we have vs. finance'ers. I think leasing is a great way to own a car, IF you structure the deal correctly. [;)]

If you can stay within the given mileage, you get a great car, it's always under warranty, only pay tax on portion you use, and it's the dealers burden to sell. If you're into new cars every 2 or 3 years, then leasing is perfect. Also, technically, unless you pay for your car in cash, you still don't own it... the bank does, usually for 5 years!

Now, Semi does bring up a good point. This is a forum of mostly enthusiasts... so how does Infiniti/Nissan treat dealer installed mods on leased vehicles? [dunno]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm not saying Leasing is a bad idea, though I can understand where you got that impression from my renting comment. What I'm saying is that I'd expect far more here to actually own the car simply because I would expect the majority of people that love the car enough to post on a website about it would want to keep it.

Just my impression.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I bought mine to be able to mod the hell out it it, although not in excess. Keeping my car classy is one of my #1 priorities...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
550 Posts
VQ [cheers] I totally agree
Hit the nail on the head [hammer]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mattlinda

hello everyone, i picked up my g35 coupe 6mt diamond graphite / willow

i want to know what everyone is paying on a 3 year lease with 15k miles.

thanks for the advise [thmsup]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hope this Loooong article doesn't confuse you tooo much but here goes:

It all depends on what terms you are looking for?
In NY we have Hann Leases (10k & 12k 39 month leases) or Infiniti for 24/39/42/48 & 60 (yes 60 months) 12k or 15k+ leases.

The Hann leases range from the $400's with fees up front, 1st payment, taxes, bank fee & dmv fees (no down payment) for a 10k or 12k/yr 39 month lease to Mid $500's to Low $600 for just 1st payment and dmv 15k/yr on 24/39/42 or 48 month Infiniti leases.
Hann has an $895 bank fee and a $450 disposition fee at the end of their leases. Infiniti has a $550 bank fee, $0 disposition fee and security rounded up to the nearest $50 (can be waived with an increase in payment ($8-10) or with previous Infiniti or Nissan good credit history)

Chase is not doing too many leases in the NY area because they are getting out of the leasing business in NY & CT after July 1st (this due to the vicarious liability laws on the books in NY, basically they can be held liable even if they have nothing to do with an accident). Chase still writes in NJ, PA and many other states but in the NY area their bank fee is now $1,000.

Infiniti has good lease numbers on the higher mileage leases 15k and up, when you buy miles at the beginning on an Infiniti lease it is $ .10 a mile and that is good if you take a 39/48 month 15k to 25k/yr lease.

It all depends on your local tax rates and the leasing companies in your area.
We have written many leases here for people in NY, NJ, CT, MA, NH, VT, DE, MD, VA, SC, GA, FL, LA, AZ, CA, WA, IL, OH, etc,...

It all depends on the price for your vehicle, the availablity also the lease terms.
Mileage, length of contract (longer is not always better), up front costs, disposition fees, security fees, etc,...

Do your homework and make sure of what your "Cap Cost" is, this is the "Price you are actually paying" for your car.
Tell your salesman that you want to buy the car, negociate your best price then keep that figure and convert it to a lease. If your dealer balks at this then consider another dealer who will accept this. NOTE: Sometimes there are differences between a lease and ratail purchase because of dealer incentives that may apply only to retail purchases and not to leases ($1,500 dealer cash on an I-35 retail purchase but only $1,000 on a lease).
I would Negociate your selling price first but on a coupe you will probably be at sticker, then check out the rates for the lease.
Get the figures on line first (money factor and residuals) then match it to what your dealer tells you and don't accept double talk "it's around ___" from your dealer. Check the (money factor=interest rate (make sure your dealer does not "MARK this up" that's when they start to evade the real numbers) and Residual=Value (leasing companies estamate) of vehicle value at the end of the lease and this figure is pre-set by the leasing company)

Right now in my area the best leases are:
Hann on 39 months 10k/yr or 12k/yr with $0 security, $895 bank fee and $450 disposition fee (just like it sounds, the cost of giving your car back, you have to pay this fee with Hann)
Infiniti on 24/39 months 15k/yr+ or 48 months 12k (which just a bit higher than Hann without the high fees), $550 bank fee, security rounded up to the nearest $50 (but it can be waived if you pay about $9 more a month of if you have ever had an Infiniti or Nissan finance/lease in good standing/paid off) and best off all NO Disposition fee.
Chase is supposidly good on 48 month 12k/yr but I have'nt written one in a while.

I hope you are not totally lost: Send me a PM if you like with your details and I can give you the correct numbers for your lease.

Once you have your numbers: Checkout www.leasecalc.com and you can try out the rates on line. Good Luck[angel]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti. Love Infiniti's

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mi,
Amazing stuff! [cheers]

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

1 - 9 of 9 Posts