Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,334 Posts
I have a 2006 coupe with the DVD based navigation. I took out the disc and it was version 7.1, the newest version out for our DVD based navi's are 7.6.

Here is how to upgrade it to the newest version for the DVD based peeps...
(Have to know how to download torrents fyi)

The DVD cost $150 on the website... screw that, if you are somewhat computer literate you can upgrade it for free.

1. First goto a torrent website and search for "Nissan navigation", download the 7.6 version of the DVD.
2. You need a Dual layer DVD because the file is around 7 gigabytes (bigger than a regular DVD)
3. Burn the image to a dual layer DVD using ImgBurn
4. Pop DVD into your navigation system located above glove box
5. Enjoy
OP doesn't have DVD based NAV.

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
I have a 2006 coupe with the DVD based navigation. I took out the disc and it was version 7.1, the newest version out for our DVD based navi's are 7.6.

Here is how to upgrade it to the newest version for the DVD based peeps...
(Have to know how to download torrents fyi)

The DVD cost $150 on the website... screw that, if you are somewhat computer literate you can upgrade it for free.

1. First goto a torrent website and search for "Nissan navigation", download the 7.6 version of the DVD.
2. You need a Dual layer DVD because the file is around 7 gigabytes (bigger than a regular DVD)
3. Burn the image to a dual layer DVD using ImgBurn
4. Pop DVD into your navigation system located above glove box
5. Enjoy
I know someone who did that for their FX and it works great. Be sure to burn the disc using the MDS file, which contains the layer break and other info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know someone who did that for their FX and it works great. Be sure to burn the disc using the MDS file, which contains the layer break and other info.
im still lookin for one thats an MDS :/ all i can find are ISOs :(

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
The MDS file comes together with the ISO file if it's a good download.

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
Do you have the correct version? Use a good dual layer disc, like verbatim, and burn it on slow speed.

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
Burn the ISO onto a dual layer disc but use the mds file

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
Use the mods file if you have one. It tells the burner where to split the disc layers when burning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an 07 coupe and it was DVD based. THe DVD is located above my glove box for me. Check to see if it's there for you. If not, then you probably have the hardrive version and yes that's what you need to do. don't know if there is a cheaper way...

I didn't find the Nav DVD here..2007 G Sedans: viewall accessories
So yea...you most likely have the hardrive

I have a 2004 infinity G35, I also have a DVD above my glove box. How or what do I need to do to update my navigation/GPS?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts