Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light was caused by a sensor that detected a code-p0456 very small evap leak, a problem that is starting to show up in new cars. It may require new computer programing to completely fix it in the future when a fix is available. Infinity working on ECU software-No Repair at this time.

Satellite radio like XM Radio...keep on your dealers to get the mod part that will enable you to get true digital to your speakers. I don't think it will be too much longer...three to four weeks and they will be available. Best Buy can hook you up via FM for now if you can not wait and get the system rewired when the new modulator/mod/gadget comes out. Circuit City does not seem to be the place to go to ask questions due to the Bose sound system not being very compatable with just about every thing out there.

Does anyone hear a lound thud/clunk when downshifting (AT) from second to first at low speed?????? I have heard it on my G35 sedan. Oh-G!!.

Best Buy said that a second amp (400 watts) and more rear speakers no problem. Circuit City would not do it, too complicated... G-wizzz.??

The G35 sedan with an eight cylinder might be fun. GGGGsuzzz.

later,

Hodaddy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hmm, upgrading the ECU. Sounds like it might be a bigger issue.

Thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to Sat, hopefully you're correct and we'll see something in a few weeks.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hodaddy, it is very bad for the transmission to shift it back in to first at a low speed. Wait till the car is completely stopped and then shift it back into first at this time...you should be fine in second until you come to a stop...this is probbaly why you hear a thump. Are you switching it in to first going 15-20mph?

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hodaddy

My check engine light was caused by a sensor that detected a code-p0456 very small evap leak, a problem that is starting to show up in new cars. It may require new computer programing to completely fix it in the future when a fix is available. Infinity working on ECU software-No Repair at this time.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

HD, what year is your sedan?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Hodaddy, it is very bad for the transmission to shift it back in to first at a low speed. Wait till the car is completely stopped and then shift it back into first at this time...you should be fine in second until you come to a stop...this is probbaly why you hear a thump. Are you switching it in to first going 15-20mph?

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Umm..yes I am down shifting like I would in a MT but usually down to first below 10mph is when I get the thud! I have down shifted into first around 15-20 experimenting as it should not shift if the speed is too high.right? Actually I have come to the conclusion that if you want to shift gears go manual(MT) because the AT/mt really is kind of slow. I found that just keeping the pedal to the floor up to around 100-105 works just fine as the AT shifts at the lower end of the RED LINE and you can really keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road>>>>>>>>>>>later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hodaddy

HD, what year is your sedan? Mine is a 2003.5 with about 4600mi on it.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts