Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving behind a shiny black Ford Excursion and I decided to test the brightness of my headlights from the reflection on the tailgate of the big truck. To my surprise, my HIDs come on every time I flick the high beams! I know that this can't be good, since the HID bulbs need a certain rest period after being turned off. Can this be an electrical glitch, or is this the way the G's headlight relay is designed? Please test your cars and inform here...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep, my 6mt sedan does the same thing... low beam xenons com on with high beams, even when flashing to pass. Not sure if this is a bad thing, though...

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-ManNot sure if this is a bad thing, though...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It has to be [V]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you mentioned your concern to the service department? I wonder if the 2004 models will address this as a glitch...

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is the relay. How many times do you really flash your highs without the headlights on. What about the BMW bi-xenon system? It can't effect bulb life that much. I wouldn't worry about it.

I haven't done it yet, but I have bypassed relays before. It would be cool to use the fogs without the xenons.

-J

Silver 5AT Sedan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts