Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new G35 Coupe tomorrow. I was reading under likes & dislikes that the xenon headlamps are only on low beam?? Is this correct? Can the bulbs be changed? I have been a diehard Acura fan for 12 years, and they have it on both.Should I press for them before I pick up the car. I did get a good deal on a Silver/Willow Prem.[grad]

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yes, that statement is true!
If I remember correctly, People changed the lower "Fog Light/High beam (Clearance Light) to H1 Fog Light/High Beam.. I'm no to sure how it will be, but I can tell you from experience, Our head lights are awesome and I have no problem seeing at night time even in heavy fog..

Good luck with your new car when you get it.

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BIZZ. I am trading my 1999 Acura TL sedan with Nav for the G35 Silver Coupe. My wife has a 2003 TL w/Nav as a family car. I am a little nervous about Infiniti because I have owned 4 Acura's for the last 12 years. On my 1992 Vigor I had 197K miles with only a muffler, front and rear brake changes. No out of pocket money on any of the 4 cars except the 92 Vigor.Acura's have been BULLET PROOF for me. Hope this G35 will be tooooo.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
GRB, If you haven't already heard, the only thing that the G is not good with are its brakes! They go VERY QUICKLY! The life time of our brakes are 9000 - 15000 miles from what I heard! Other wise it is a great car!
Are you getting your G equipped with the navigation feature? If not i highly recommend you do, It will be a pain to get an after market one

-Joseph Fiorella

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BIZZ,
Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about the breaks. Somehow I think it has to do with the way one drives. No NAV in this one. Only a white G35 in my area w/nav, plus I really do not like Infiniti's Nav.
Acura definitely has the best nav system on the market. (Made by Alpine)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Very true about the driving habbets, If you search you will see everyone has the proublems with the brakes.. I have to goto work other wise i would type more and spell check, sorry gotta run, Have fun with your car! bye PS.. i suggest get the navi, and change the software to a diffrent type.. The after market screens are VERY HARD to install in the G to make it look stock! and it will cost more just to install a after market screen the same way the G stock one comes!..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey GRB if you buy your car from the dealer try to get a discount from them. For your situation you should be able to get a small discount for changing from acura to Infiniti, I forgot what it is called but you do get a discount for changing companies. Although it is small it is just that much less of what you will be paying. Good luck on your purchas

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi FWABS,
Thanks for the advice. The deal is <u>done</u>I purchased it on Aug 31. The dealer needed to sell 2 more cars for the month sooo I got a good deal on my trade. I went to another dealer first and he wanted to give me $3000 less for my car (prime) and I got more than that on my new Siver/w, prem. I pick it up today a 11AM. Hope I am not disappointed.[cheers]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for this topic guys... my question is does the HID lights look blue like acura/bma/audi. I am not clear on the HID high beam vs low beam. I thought the hid would be the same on either levels since the low beam does not dissappear but merely enhances for better visibility. Lastly, is there really a big difference in vision or it only affects appearance?...thanks guys..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Talawala, Yes the HID do look blue to purple, or whatever the color is for HID since they change color depending on elevation to your eye. The low beam is HID and the high beams are halogens. Vision is improved tremendously. The road that is lit up is much more clear and they light up more of the road infront of you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

Talawala, Yes the HID do look blue to purple, or whatever the color is for HID since they change color depending on elevation to your eye. The low beam is HID and the high beams are halogens. Vision is improved tremendously. The road that is lit up is much more clear and they light up more of the road infront of you.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Fwabs...

·
Registered
56 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have been a diehard Acura fan for 12 years, and they have it on both.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You never had an Acura with high beam HIDs,just low beam.

There is no off-season...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was told the the first car to do HID on both the high beam and low beam is the Infiniti FX35 and 45. When I got done ordering my G, the salesman told me we had to go out for a spin in the FX45. He then showed me all the bells and whistles on the car which then he told me that both beams were HID. He felt that its the first car to do this. He might be wrong but I know that Acura has never had both HID's.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have been a diehard Acura fan for 12 years, and they have it on both.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You never had an Acura with high beam HIDs,just low beam.

There is no off-season...

March of 2004, My Diamond Graphite 6MT will be here

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i was thinking about going with after market hid's for the fog lights.
I believe Sirmilton has allready bought the HID's for his G.

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan | Brilliant Silver - Graphite Leather - Premium Package - Winter Package - Auto
350z intake tube - stillen cai - clear corners - skyline pedals - diomand subs
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are you talking about the ones in the stock location or new ones at the bottom in the grills???

I really like how these are in this picture.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/vebokitg35co.html

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

i was thinking about going with after market hid's for the fog lights.
I believe Sirmilton has allready bought the HID's for his G.

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan | Brilliant Silver - Graphite Leather - Premium Package - Winter Package - Auto
350z intake tube - stillen cai - clear corners - skyline pedals - diomand subs
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz</center></font id="Verdana">

March of 2004, My Diamond Graphite 6MT will be here

·
Registered
869 Posts
The first car to come with HID's in hi and lo beams were Mercedes S class cars.

It is also true that I have a set of HID's waiting to be installed in the fog/hi-beam housings. They are direct fit H4 bulbs and should be a little whiter than stock in color, but not very noticable. I haven't done it yet due to timwe constraints, and the fact that I want to change the city light bulbs to hyper whites as well as tint and install my OEM clear corners that arrived yesterday.

I'll have some cool pics for you guys eventually. In truth the main reason for spending $400 on this mod is for appearance only, the added light I am expecting will be good, but nothing that I couldn't live without. I just want it to look cool [;)]

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
'03.5 6MT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Heated Seats | Nismo CAI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts