Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you think about adding a log book where you set up milage intervals - say 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000, 15000, 20000, 30000 etc. where you can request users to discuss any problems they have at that interval, what warrantee/non-warrantee service had to be done, costs, etc.

What are your thoughts????

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Are you talking about a new forum for this, or a database type deal? Either way, I'll start working on that.

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
seems to me a new forum would do the trick, with topics for each interval. But the database thing does sound intriguing... what did you have in mind, VQ?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I was thinking a database logbook would be really cool. It could have Driver/mileage/regular maintenance/repairs-warranty/repairs-non warranty/problems/comments. Something like that. Maybe a few more fields. Maybe a way to click on the part where it says "driver" or "mileage" or any other field to arrange it the way you want it. For instance, if you click "driver" it will arrange all of the drivers in alphabetical order from top to bottom, if you click it again, it will arrange them in alphabetical from bottom to top. If you have Kazaa you might know what I'm talking about. It would be a good way to keep track of your own maintenance, as well as see what to expect in the future. The logbook is a VERY good idea IMO.
-Savage-

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I invision more of a database type thing where owners can post their experiences at the metioned milage intervals. I don't think others should be able to respond with questions in the database - there can be an option to create a new post in one of the forums to do this. This would be more of a reference thing for everyone. I think SAV makes a good suggestion about some features you may want to include in the DB.

I was thinking there would be something like a survey with the ability to comment under each question, for example at any milage interval there would be a box to "x" that non-warrantee work was needed and then a comment box under the "x" to describe in further detail. This way we could keep stats on all the thing we chose to survey.

Hope this makes sense. email me or we can continue in this forum with further ideas.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not really. Just haven't had the time to invest. That should change in the near future. Both this and next weekend are out because I'm travelling and the following weekend I have friends from out of town coming in. Just lack of time on my part.

But don't worry, I'm not forgetting all of these good ideas!

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

1 - 10 of 10 Posts