Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to purchase the suspension for my car and just today I found out that there was another brand besides HKS. Has anyone used the Blitz coilovers? I am just curious if they are as good as the HKS. The price is about the same, so I am just looking for quality. They are both adjustable, so I see little difference in their design. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Josh

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals/Sirius SAT

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
869 Posts
Check out Jic suspension, I hear it is absoultly amazing, and the price is very competitive. The best part about their suspension is the height adjustability function; unlike most coilovers they do not adjust the spring pirch, but the lower mounting bracket height, very good for suspension dynamics. Tell me if you want it, I might be able to get you a good deal.

www.jic-magic.com

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am definately interested. I have never owned a car, so this is my first go around with upgrading anything other than a stereo. I have always driven trucks. I honestly do not know which is better than the other, so any input that you have is appreciated. Let me know what you can get me a set for. My email is [email protected]. Thanks man.

Josh

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals/Sirius SAT

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Tein coilover kit is also available and its a japanese company, right where the car originated. I've heard many good things about the Tein coilover kit. One of the members on this board has the Tein coilover kit with the electronic controller on their sedan. I remember seeing pictures. I think it was Lead foot but im not sure.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes, Lead_foot has the Tein Suspension with the EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller).

In my opinion, I would rate the mentioned companies as follows: 1. Tein, 2. JIC, 3. Blitz, 4. HKS

All of the companies make exceptional products. Tein just seems to be the leader in suspension technology as of late. The other Sirmilton has already mentioned the benefits of the JIC suspension, and yes he does have a very valid point about the "not adjusting spring perch but mounting height." HKS and Blitz are basically the same quality and just fall into a preferential debate.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
869 Posts
The only bad thing I have ever heard of about Tein has to do with rusting of the thread making it hard to adjust the height. Otherwise they are the most technelogically advanced.

All 4 of the companies are Japanese, but why should that make them better for Japanese cars. I am sure there are companies that make suspension for American cars and they are American, but their products suck.

If enough people are interested, I can find out pricing ont he JIC FLA2's (awesome product) and see if we can do a group buy.

---------------

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks Lead; I had fogotten the setup of the G. On the rear the spring and shock are seperated, this puts a small differenc eont he design of an adjustable suspension. The JIC will no longer have the benifit of lower moutn adjustment on the rear. Looking at the pic's of Lead's setup you can see that both the spring and the shock have to be adjusted for height.

It may just come down to price... I have to still call the supplier to see what I can find out on price.

---------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would get the Tein flex
because it comes with the upper pillar mount
which allows you to use the EDFC
or you can get the basic damper
which is still height and rebound adjustable but not EDFC

My friend has the basic and his car eats up corners
here is a link showing the basic damper on the G coupe

http://www.tein.com/ti/img/lp262.jpg

·
Registered
869 Posts
"upper pillar mount"?

What is that? Why do I want a mount on my pillar?

I suspect you are talking about Upper Pillow Ball Mount, which allows camber adjustments.

The JIC also come with said mounts.

---------------

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Sirmilton, you are correct. How many people are you going to need for that group buy to go through? If it is a lot of people, you might want to try talking about it on one of those other forums too.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
869 Posts
the group buy will work if there are only 2 people, it is still a great deal. The price for 20+ is only a $40 difference over the other amount

---------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
just read a post by sirmilton 7/30 on the JIC suspension, this website. you need to find it and read it. the guy what is important is that he says this rides much harder (and is closest to a track setup) than stock, or TEIN's system. so, you probably want to keep researching before you buy. that way, you'll get more opinions on ride, effectiveness, cost, etc.

·
Registered
869 Posts
This is why I stated it, I am not tryign to be misleadign guys, if you like the softness of your ride and will not give it up, then do not get the JIC setup! It is not uncomfortable, but it is not a smoth luxury setup. The JIC is comparable to Tein's RS setup and although is suited to street driving also allows serious race circuit performance at an affordable price.

That is the bottom line...

---------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts