Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!! $4K TO REPAIR Sunroof Won't Close '06 G35 Sedan!

:evil: BROKEN RAIL IN SUNROOF - per dealer Infiniti of South Bay -
COST OF REPAIR $4000.00 (yessireee, that's the correct number of zeroes!)

:mad: Grrrrrrrr!!

Opened (retracted??) the sunroof the other night, same as always, and heard a couple of, for want of a better word, "clicks." Thought what the heck?? and looked up to find both the sunroof and interior sliding liner had retracted COMPLETELY into the rooftop!:neutral:

Now when I try to close it, the interior sliding liner doesn't move at all, but remains out of view inside the rooftop and only the sunroof glass slides forward until it's about 3" from being fully closed (looks like 2" when you're inside the car, but its 3" when you see it from outside the car) and then it just stops, REVERSES itself, and slides all the way back into the rooftop.:(

I did try, prior to pressing the button to close the glass, manually sliding the interior liner part way out from it's now fully retracted position in the rooftop, to about where it used to stop when the sunroof was opened, but it made no difference. Same result as above.:???:

Anybody else experienced this?? Any ideas??:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. There is a box about a 1/4 wide on the sunroof track. If the sunroof gets stuck there,
take a skinny flat screwdriver and push it down after you push the sunroof close button. Wait for the sunroof
to get to that point and at the last second, pull the screwdriver away.
If it doesn't get stuck there, sit in the car and wait for the interior liner to pop out and push it all the way
forward. Push the sunroof forward too. Mine didn't close but it's very close.
You can also hold the close button for 3-15 seconds and that may reset it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey my roof got stuck yesterday and I fixed it this morning right before the rain.
I hit the back arrow and the roof went all the way into the ceiling with the interior liner.
Then turn off the car for a minute. Lock the doors with the keypad remote. Then unlock the doors.
Start the car. Push the forward arrow and after 2 seconds stop the roof. Repeat two times.
On the third/fourth time, hold it down until it closes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts