Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 G35 coupe, with the Bose package.

Just starting this last couple weeks, the radio would be on but no sound would come out. If I switch to CD, it works just fine, but then switching back to radio it goes silent again. Problem would last anywhere between 1-5 minutes, then sound would come out again.

Noticed this happens particularly when I haven't start the car after a while (in the mornings, after work).

Not a huge deal, but worried if this is indicative for anything worse.... plus I get very anxious when I can't hear my NPR news in my car (insert age joke here).

Thank you in advance for anybody who would respond (or even read this)!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ever feel the urge to go aftermarket on stereo? perfect time and excuse....

The radio and A/c control or actually the whole middle console is all together and various components known to go bad.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine is the other way around. the cd player cuts out totally sometimes, and only the radio works. also I have to turn off the car once or twice to get the CD player back on. also the left side speaker cuts out every few days through the day and I have to slap the head unit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
go aftermarket stereo. you won't regret it. I know it is expensive and time consuming on the G to change the car stereo thanks to lack of hindsight (or is it actually deliberate discouragement) by the infiniti designers. But you won't regret it after changing to aftermarket. Even just changing the head only is still much better than nothing..

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 G35 coupe, with the Bose package.

Just starting this last couple weeks, the radio would be on but no sound would come out. If I switch to CD, it works just fine, but then switching back to radio it goes silent again. Problem would last anywhere between 1-5 minutes, then sound would come out again.

Noticed this happens particularly when I haven't start the car after a while (in the mornings, after work).

Not a huge deal, but worried if this is indicative for anything worse.... plus I get very anxious when I can't hear my NPR news in my car (insert age joke here).

Thank you in advance for anybody who would respond (or even read this)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts