Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I'm looking into buying the automatic when an investment finally pays off. The main problem is finding a way to test drive it! My closest dealer, in Costa Mesa (I'm in Orange County) refuses to let anyone test drive it since they're sold as soon as they come in.

I drove the sedan and was impressed by its power and steering, but I didn't feel like it was an extension of my body. It felt like I was sitting ON the car rather than IN it, if you know what I mean.

Has anyone else driven both the coupe and the sedan and can give comparisons/differences, or point me in the direction of a dealer or other way to test drive the coupe?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Shelley

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your best bet is to call around and just ask if they can make an appt for you to come in and test drive the car. I was able to test drive the car at santa monica infiniti as they had a demo available.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7860406275e31a5434843c0b942a0016/fc3a14e1.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm originally from the L.A. area... I have called the Infiniti dealership in Thousand Oaks, which is the biggest in the West Coast... 2nd biggest in the country... They will be happy to let you test drive the coupe today. Good luck!

Best,

Maynard

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I was able to test drive one at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. They didn't have the coupe the first time I went so I test drove a sedan with the sport package. The day I went in to put my deposit down, they just happened to have coupe that wasn't already sold so I was able to test drive it. I would have bought it, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for (no performance tire). The differences are exactly what you stated -- since the sedan rides higher, you feel more "on top" of it, whereas the coupe sits lower.

Good Luck.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info! :)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I was able to test drive one at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. They didn't have the coupe the first time I went so I test drove a sedan with the sport package. The day I went in to put my deposit down, they just happened to have coupe that wasn't already sold so I was able to test drive it. I would have bought it, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for (no performance tire). The differences are exactly what you stated -- since the sedan rides higher, you feel more "on top" of it, whereas the coupe sits lower.

Good Luck.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
no sweat. good luck with finding one.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
17 Posts
[^]I feel you. I test drove a 350Z Touring at Oxnard
Team Nissan, theyre more than willing to let people drive
their cars. I went to Team Infiniti in Ventura Ca, test
drove a couple of G35 Coupes, picked out a Black Obsidian
with Graphite. Soooo if the dealer doesnt want to go the
extra step for you especially on a 35000 +++ purchase then
screw em and go to someone that will fight for your business

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
or point me in the direction of a dealer or other way to test drive the coupe?

Shelley, if you try no where else, go to Mission Viejo Infiniti. Call Marty Moon or Robin G. (she). Either will help you. I bought there and they're great people--treat you like a real customer. Cerritos will also let you drive one, but they are pretty strange folks in my opinion and unless they change their ways, I'd never return. Also, there are very good things said about a fellow named Arthur at Riverside Infiniti---I've never been there, however. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.