Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed (or so I thought) replacing the cam cover gaskets on my '06 G35 Coupe at 122,xxx miles. It appears to be the first time this has been done, since I didn't see any signs of tampering and I've owned it for the past 11 years and 90,xxx miles. The job went pretty smooth, although time consuming. I followed several videos. All new gaskets on cam covers and plenum. Didn't touch the throttle body. Sprayed some cleaner into the MAF sensor, but didn't touch it otherwise. Followed bolt tightening order and torque requirements (in-lbs, not ft-lbs).

Only other thing I did was change out one cam position sensor since I recently got a CEL along with the usual lighting up just about everything else on the dash. Bank 2, outer position.

When I restarted the car after bolting it all back together, I got a very high pitched, very loud screeching sound. I can't tell exactly where it's coming from. But, the weird part, it sounds almost electronic more than something rubbing. Anyone experienced this before? Suggestions? TYIA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts