Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5AT, and was in the manual mode, when I forgot i was in it [banghead] and took the car to about 7k RPM, 500 over redline[banghead]. Will this do anything bad or mess something up - - Is there anything I should do??

Please adivse... Thanks!!

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
94 Posts
well its nothing that i like to admit, but i accidently put my car in 2nd while trying to shift to 4th at 70. turns out that this was the 2nd time that this had happened, as my brother did the same thing when i let him borrow the car for the day. i have put about 10k on the car since and nary an issue. you should be fine. besides, thats what warranties are for........

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think you will be ok Jarrett,
You are over 1000 miles, which to me is break in ...The engine redline is lower than what an engine can really handle. You are good to go..The engine must have sounded YUMMY!!!!![cheers]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Most modern cars have rev limitters that will keep you from really frying the engine.

I'm sure you're fine.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't know how high you revved, but I shot over 7,000 many times while racing and quite frankly this engine feels like it car rev much higher than redline, although I wouldn't try it.[:D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I confess, I've hit the limiter a few times in first when I forgot I had it in manumatic. No harm done. It didn't blow up or anything.

[timebomb]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
26 Posts
"DO WORRY, BE HAPPY"
If you go a little pass the redline. I wouldn't think twice about it. All cars go pass the redline (a little) and the computer will not let you pass into trouble waters. The tranmission, has a safety which will not let shift down if you speed or rpm or to high. And if the engine and trans good, you covered under the warranty. (IT JUST HAPPEN).[angel][boink]
ALLAN

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A sincere THANK YOU to all those who took the time to respond. I greatly appreciate your advise. It's so great that we have such a well informed, well balanced group to bounce questions off of. Thanks again.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jarrettblue

A sincere THANK YOU to all those who took the time to respond. I greatly appreciate your advise. It's so great that we have such a well informed, well balanced group to bounce questions off of. Thanks again.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Here Here[clapper]......I'll Drink to that[cheers]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'll drink to anything! Can you spell b-e-e-r???

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by jarrettblue

I have a 5AT, and was in the manual mode, when I forgot i was in it [banghead] and took the car to about 7k RPM, 500 over redline[banghead]. Will this do anything bad or mess something up - - Is there anything I should do??

Please adivse... Thanks!!

I would'nt do it too often but no harm done.

Have Funnnnn[angel]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti. Love Infiniti's

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rev limiter will not help you when you are traveling fast in 5th gear and want to downshift to 4th and accidentally hit 2nd. This is a sure fire way to blow your eninge espcially if it revs past the redline.

-Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts