Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out to the drag strip tonight to get some time slips. Hope to have some good news to post later.

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Heading out to the drag strip tonight to get some time slips. Hope to have some good news to post later.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sawwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Lead, make me proud and represent us G sedan owners! Woot! woot! woot! woot! woot!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
have fun, lead. nice way to start off the weekend right [thmsup]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Only seven measly ones to go Kloh, get on it!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

have fun, lead. nice way to start off the weekend right [thmsup]

You've got that right. I have my second Autocross on Sunday too! It's an all G weekend my friend!

[boink]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Only seven measly ones to go Kloh, get on it!

Make that 10! [lol]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I know, I've been slacking... It's just been real busy at work lately. But then again, I don't really have much to say at the moment. Especially if lead_foot keeps getting props for my handywork. [:D] You guys have anything to do with that?!?

-Ken

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm getting my windows tinted this weekend.[pimp]

okay, that's not quite as exciting as what lead's doing, but it's still related to the G... just can't get enough of her!

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Especially if lead_foot keeps getting props for my handywork. [:D] You guys have anything to do with that?!?

That's funny, I hadn't seen that at all. [lol]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Can't wait to see your times! Good luck!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

Thanks Gardiner. I hope to have The Force with me tonight!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK guys, here are my results. I was really hoping to do better, but I think my shifting strategy needs some help. It was pretty fun overall. I was there pretty early so I got to make a ton of runs before people started showing up. I made a few by myself and more with others. All in all I made 14 runs.

Here's the info on my fastest 1/4 mile:

Reaction Time = .623
60' = 2.281
330' = 6.323
1/8 mile = 9.566 @ 76.06
1000' = 12.345
1/4 mile = 14.664 @ 97.12

I think my launches were way too slow, and I felt I was being too patient for the green. By that I mean I could tell that some of the more experienced drivers were actually launching before the green ever came on. I'll have to try and "cheat" the light next time like these other guys and see what a difference it makes.

Since I made so many runs, here are the ones I can remember:

[fight] Kills:
Acura Integra - 4x
Honda Civic - 3x
Chevy Truck?
Ford Truck?

[shake] Killed by:
V8 Camaro
Modded Mustang 1
Modded Mustang 2

Sorry about the vague details. I don't know jack about American cars. The only reason I know the Camaro was a V8 is because I asked the guy.

They don't show others times so I only knew my own, but one of those Mustangs had to have run an 11.x or so. He truly blew me away. There was a WRX there that I wanted to run against, but I think he was waiting until later. Never saw it run. I left kind of early since I was pretty low on gas.

A little dissapointing, but I had fun and I think I learned a few things. We'll hope for better results last time.

As I was leaving, the guy in the Integra I kept smoking said I could probably get in the low 14s after sundown when times are usually better. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, can someone explain to me why?

·
Registered
33 Posts
the air would cool down - thus make more power. the track would stay hot and sticky with everyone making runs so the cooling air would not decrease the traction on the surface of the track - i think

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Just remember a bad day at the track is one they carry you away from it. It sounds like you really had a good time. Chalk it up to learning and improve your next time. Work on your reaction time, that can drop your times a little. Thanks for letting us know how you did.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
lead_foot,

how bad did you kill and get killed by? mostly pretty close?

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

lead_foot,

how bad did you kill and get killed by? mostly pretty close?
Actually, there weren't any close ones. Was killed by at least 5 car lengths, and the Integra which was closest I killed by at least 4 car lengths each time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
great times, dude. especially for an auto sedan. my best was a 14. @ 99. as far as you not getting as great a start as you think you should. the green light has nothing to do with your ET. R/T is totally independent of your times. were you brake torqueing? regardless, or should i say irregardless, those are nice times. congrats again.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DrRick

great times, dude. especially for an auto sedan. my best was a 14. @ 99. as far as you not getting as great a start as you think you should. the green light has nothing to do with your ET. R/T is totally independent of your times. were you brake torqueing? regardless, or should i say irregardless, those are nice times. congrats again....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks Doc. I was torque braking and I tried at several different RPMs. All my runs were very similar. The difference between my best and worst was less than 2 tenths of a second. Pretty consistent I guess for 14 runs. I'll try some short shifting next time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
and that should be a 14.4. damn typo. you should try bracket racing. these "new-fangled" cars are pretty consistent and if you can get your R/T down, you should be able to clean up.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

1 - 20 of 27 Posts