Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Has anyone added a Subwoofer

11K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Importedense 
#1 ·
Looking for option on upgrading the stero. Any ideas as you know not very much trunk space. Looking at the Kicker Hidaway but heard its not very powerful for the price tag.

#3 ·
I bought a new Kicker cvr on eBay for 88$ new. I've owned many systems ranging from stock to $7,000. I must say for the $550 total investment including Kicker "12 Amp and Custom G box, it is very good.

#5 · (Edited)
$220 - Yellow Top Battery
$350 - JL 10w6v2 sub
$350 - JL 500v2 amp
$250 - Custom Box
$500 - TOO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Grand Total = $1670

Am I happy, Yes I was. I'm chasing the dragon though. Thinking of adding all new speakers, 1 more 10w6v2, a JL 1000, and maybe a backup power source. I may see about a custom job to make use of the back deck.

#6 ·
I don't see the point of replacing a battery (especially with an expensive one) unless you are parking and blasting the radio.

under normal operation the system should run exclusively off alternator voltage. if you're pulling enough current to drop your alternator voltage down to battery voltage, you need a cap not a new battery.

my 2¢

I'm no audio buff, just a wee bit of experience with electricity.

#8 ·
were they all trying to sell you the battery?

I still say the battery plays absolutely no role unless you are pulling more than your alternator can handle. instantaneous demands may happen faster than the voltage regulator can react but that shouldn't put hardly any demand on the battery. and at that point you really should have a cap.

#10 ·
I agree. Batter is completely not necessary. I ran a 2500 wRMS complete system off of a stock battery for a couple years. No battery issues what so ever. And that was a 4 cylinder Hyundai, then moved to 4 cyl VW. Just sayin

#16 · (Edited)
I ended up getting an old school Bazooka Base Cannon. 6" amplifed. It sound...ok I am use to alot better. When I say ok in not about being loud it could be a little louder but its to quality that lacks a bit. I probally could have fit an 8" but wasnt sure it would fit. If you are looking for a solution this is good if you dont want to do a custom enclosure. I plan to change the speaker in the cannon with something better. Will let you know when I do. Bass Cannon was cheap too. Oh and FYI this was for my 09 Convertible I also still have my 04 G35. Having trouble adding pictures.

#17 ·
Ok I know its been a while but as you could tell from my last post I wasn't too happy with the Bazooka. I finally got around to making my own enclosure with a (1) 12 inch JL Audio 12TW3-D4 with a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D and a Sony Crossover. Sounds even better than I expected. The JL is solid sound like I have two subs. Here are some pic once I painted and installed it. My only complaint is that the subs height above the frame of the speaker frame. I could not lower the speaker any more so the speaker is not flesh with the box.
Technology Electronics

Auto part Trunk Technology Vehicle Car

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment

#18 ·
Ok I know its been a while but as you could tell from my last post I wasn't too happy with the Bazooka. I finally got around to making my own enclosure

Seems you did good. Looks nice and it's a shot in the dark to get the size of the enclosure 'correct' unless you do some math. I'd imagine speakers come with enclosure size specs though ? That would sure help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.