Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of hard-top convertibles. How would you guys rank these and why? And, which one(s) am I missing? Current production vehicles only, please. If there are new ones that you know of, feel free to put them down on a second list.

1. Mercedes SL 500
3. Lexus SC430
2. Mercedes SLK

My favorite, obviously, is the SL. I love everything about it. Second goes to the Lexus, but I don't really like the profile so much. The cabin is way too small. I put the SLK last because it's just a dinky car. Still pretty cool though.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm a big fan of retractable hard tops simply because rag tops tend to get trashed in about five years, at least that's the usual life span in the Phoenix sun. Unfortunately, this tends to only be an option on ultra luxes which sacrifice performance for comfort. That's not exactly my target demo at the moment.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Unfortunately, this tends to only be an option on ultra luxes which sacrifice performance for comfort. That's not exactly my target demo at the moment.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
With that watch you're wearing, you'll be there soon Semi. [;)]

But I completely understand your POV on the subject. Performance over luxury. Who here knows more about the SL 500? Seems like that one might be close.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
427 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Who here knows more about the SL 500? Seems like that one might be close.

Im kinda amazed that BMW didn't come out with a hard top convertable for the M3 or even the Z4. What did you mean by "Seems like that one might be close"

2003 G35C / 6mt / LR & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months, Maybe 1.5 weeks?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Who here knows more about the SL 500? Seems like that one might be close.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not until Merc starts offering manuals.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

What did you mean by "Seems like that one might be close"
See Semi's reply above. That's exactly what I'm talking about. If they offered the SL with manual transmission, it would be 1 step closer to being a hard-top convertible that caters to both a performance and a luxury audience.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
All models of the SL are nice. They aren't slow by any means. The new SL's are pretty damn quick compared to the old ones, but the ride is still very much luxury oriented with all things considered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts