Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a GROM Audio USB/Android box (GROM-USB2P-NIS02) in my '06 sedan (XM, no nav) over the weekend, and it doesn't seem to work quite as expected (which my cursory testing failed to uncover before I slapped my dash back together :-(

The wiring harness that came with the device has two connectors - one male that goes into the back of the radio, and one female connector that fits the original XM connector.

The installation instructions that were included were a bit confusing. One section said that the XM connector should not be connected to the back of the radio, while another section said that whatever is plugged into the back of the radio should be connected to the female connector on the harness.

Possibly against my better judgement, I plugged the XM connector into the female connector. Now when I turn it on, I sometimes hear the XM receiver in addition to my phone (haven't tried it with a thumb drive yet), and the controls don't seem to work predictably.

I emailed GROM's support, but haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know whether or not I should have listened to my gut and left the XM connector loose? Just trying to get an answer before I tear into my dash again.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I'm sorry about your problem but I haven't heard of the GROMM and I have no idea what to do to help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For anyone's reference, I just noticed that GROM Audio offers support by chat, through which I was able to confirm that the female connector is strictly for the nav system, and should not be connected to the XM receiver.

I'll have to yank it out this weekend and (hopefully) watch the magic unfold.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Good luck. As you know, it's a chore removing the stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts