Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
if im not mistaken! its what makes ur car stop at a certain speed, for the G it kicks in at 156mph, so that as fast as well get, then itll kick in and u cant go past it. for the nissan altima its 120, ect, ect, ect.....[grad]

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
It governs the speed of your car, but it can be defeated. Just vote the govenor out of office at the next election by voting for one who will let your car faster.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
[image]http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/clappy.gif[/image]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
316 Posts
I read that on the 6mt the governor kicked in at 142; haven't tried it though. The fastest I've gotten is 130.

- Desperately seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

[image]http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/clappy.gif[/image]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

gardiner, that was a pic of me rolling on the floor laughing/clapping at your funny governer explanation.

jtb, the 6MT is governed at 156

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
haha I am still 18, so I go through about 3 of those a week.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
you need a new ECU (Impul - *may only be for japanese cars, but I am trying to find out... approx. $1100*) or a modded ECU(TechnoSquare - *would have to send in to be re-programmed to stock before going in for warranty work or have a seconds "stock" ECU for warranty work*).

·
Registered
197 Posts
as i have explained before, the governor is at 156mph...U will NEVER go that fast, or atleast never go that fast for a long period of time, so why waste $1000 to be able to go faster[?]....[banghead]

[wstupid]

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viczeva

as i have explained before, the governor is at 156mph...U will NEVER go that fast, or atleast never go that fast for a long period of time, so why waste $1000 <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
and void your warranty
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">to be able to go faster[?]....[banghead]

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viczeva

as i have explained before, the governor is at 156mph...U will NEVER go that fast, or atleast never go that fast for a long period of time, so why waste $1000 to be able to go faster[?]....[banghead]

[wstupid]

some people who plan on doing serious mods to their car may be capable and may want to take full advantage of the 186.5 MPH that our 6 speed transmission cars are capable of. the only reason I posted the information was so that in case one of those people comes along, and uses the search function, hopefully my info. will be of use to them. I didn't mean to offend anyone. geez... rough crowd this morning huh?

·
Registered
197 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

[wstupid]

some people who plan on doing serious mods to their car may be capable and may want to take full advantage of the 186.5 MPH that our 6 speed transmission cars are capable of. the only reason I posted the information was so that in case one of those people comes along, and uses the search function, hopefully my info. will be of use to them. I didn't mean to offend anyone. geez... rough crowd this morning huh?

i didnt mean to be tough......lol. 186.5???how the hell do u know this and how can we get to that speed?? PLEASE EXPLAIN since im ignorant in this subject......[bowdown][bowdown]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Gard, of course, but I was just listing the Theoretical Top Speed that the transmission and gearing could carry the car to. I did add that the info was for people who planned on adding serious mods to their cars etc. etc. and yes we do live in a world bound by dimensions of physics, gravity and resistance caused by both ground and air, will play a big part in that top speed. But based on gearing alone in a boundary free enviorment the transmission could carry the car to 186.5 MPH

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That would be fun! Video it so we will have something to show at the funeral. [xx(] haha...

But seriously, you understand what I meant by the whole explanation. Many cars are like this. The 3rd gen RX7 is supposed to be geared past 170MPH but isn't stable past 160...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts