Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted the lightest possible that would still protect my interior. SolarGuard Titaium 35% all around. It looks like a 28%, but that's probably cause it's freshly installed. I also got micro edge, which takes the tint all the way to the edge of the glass, for added luxury and class. What do you think guys? Did I make a good choice?

Any opinions would be appreciated...[:D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
328 Posts
looks reeeally nice...i just got mine tinted yesterday too!!...i got the platinum plus film on mine and went a little darker on the back than the front but its still very light...i'll post picks up as soon as i get a new cable for my digital camera to connect to the comp...yours looks reeeallly good though

Don't forget to keep your windows up for another day!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
XL,

looks great! [thumbup][thumbup]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That tint looks perfect. Nice job. What did that cost, if you don't mind me asking...

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Very nice XZ! Great improvement to an already great car. Looks very classy.

[phatyo]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I made a good choice! Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm loving the new level of privacy, class, and not to mention, cooler interior that contributes to safer leather and colder A/C! Now the next project... lowering my sedan... Pics coming soon!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
3 Posts
What did it cost you for the tint job?

2003.5 Black on Black | Sedan | AT | Aero | Nav | Prem

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm also curious what other people are paying. I was just offered $150 for 35% tint (legal limit), 5 year warranty. He said for another $30 they would do a lifetime warranty. He wouldn't do mirror stuff either since it's illegal, but I don't want that anyway. Just darkness please.

I also asked how they intended to do the "dot matrix" around the rear window and was told they'd just tint right up to them. Does this sound reasonable? I've read stories where people go to great lengths to tint over the dots and am wondering how it'd look. Does it really show?

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was originally quoted $80.00 all around, but that did not include micro edge. I definitely wanted micro edge on mine, since it takes the tint all the way to the edge of the glass, for added luxury and class. It was a $20.00 extra fee to have that done since it's extra labor, but I managed to beat the guy down to $90.00. Lifetime warranty, and a good value indeed for SolarGuard titanium 35% with micro edge all around.[boink]

PS: They didn't tint over the small dots on mine, and not for any G35. The tint just doesn't stick onto them. However, it looks good and cannot be noticed, since the dots filter out light as well as the tint does.

XL

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
ouch. it's much more expensive here in CA. I did my coupe for $230. Lifetime warranty, premium formulaone tints, 20 sides and 35 back. There's no such thing as a legal limit here in CA. It's ALL illegal, but so many people do it anyways. They actually tinted over the dots on mine. Looks nice. no noticeable lines.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mine was 140 I believe. Had it done the day after I got the car. Mine was also tinted over the dots. Looks good. Lifetime warranty as well.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tint looks great! I live in Boca Raton.
Where did you get yours done?

2003.5 Silver/Willow/Prem/Sport/Nav (on Order)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by InfinitiManG35

Tint looks great! I live in Boca Raton.
Where did you get yours done?

2003.5 Silver/Willow/Prem/Sport/Nav (on Order)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

InfinitiMan, It's called General Window Tinting, Inc. If you can't find it in the directly, let me know and I'll send it to you later... (Sorry I don't have the card with me right now.) Guy's name is Edgar. Tell him you got referred from the guy that he did with the white Infiniti G35. Let me know...

XL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts