Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up to a light next to a ford lightning. I inched forward, so did he...Light turned green, we both took off. He pulled in first, he stopped pulling in second. Then we had to slow down for the next light. We both turned left to get on the highway, and some retard pulled in front of him. We didn't get another chance to go. I think I could have caught up with him in a longer race.[V]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That truck was designed specifically for drag speed performance. First time you hit a turn, he'd have dropped WAY back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are monsters. Add a pulley, an intake an a chip (all for less than $500) and you're deep in the 12s. They run high 13s stock. Pretty impressive for such a big vehicle. And it can take corners better than most people think. Maybe not like a G35, but better than 90% of cars out there. I wouldn't buy one (just because it's a Ford), but I still like the Lightning and admire what Ford did with it.

Later,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the Lightning, I'll admit it. It's one of my favorite vehicles out there. I love things that do what they aren't supposed to do. Lightnings in stock trim will hit 60 in less than 6 seconds, so I wouldn't wanna mess with one in my 6mt sedan. And I'm way too old to worry about what is cool and what is not. Heck, I'm still getting used to the hyd. clutch / elec. throttle combo so I'd really get spanked by the automatic-equipped Lightning. My 17yo Mustang is easier to shift than this thing... and it doesn't handle as well as a Lightning.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Fast shmast, it's still a Ford. [lol]

Bring on the flames!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Never went away. Been quickly reading, just haven't had much time to write. [:D]

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

1 - 8 of 8 Posts