Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my G on the 23rd, and am wondering what springs would be best to get since it has the sport suspension already- but I feel like the wheel wells are too spaced. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well how much drop do you need to make you happy?

Two choices come to mind. While not marketed as G35 coupe lowering springs, they are better suited for the coupe with the 2005 sport suspension.

Tein 350Z H-techs and Hotchkis 350Z springs

Tein H-tech 350z (All linear springs) =G35 coupe drop .8"/.7"
Spring rates in lbs 358/375
Stiffer or softer then 2005 coupe sport suspension by
F+14% R-20%

Hotchkis 350Z springs (linear springs) =G35 coupe drop *1.1"/*1.3"
Spring rates in lbs 340/330
F+8% R-23%

Another option

RSR 350Z down springs (linear springs) =G35 coupe drop *1.2"/*1.2"
Spring rates in lbs 345/417
F+10% R+-2%

* Going past a .8" drop means you will need aftermarket alignment parts in order to stay within oem alignment specs and not suffer shorter tire live due to excess inner tire wear.

Why not G35 coupe specific lowering springs?

Example.

Tein H-tech G35 coupe (F:progressive R: linear) =.6"/.3" drop
Spring rates in lbs 324/260
F+ 5% R-39%
Notice spring rates, small front rate increase on progressive springs and a much softer then oem rear rate.

Eibach G35 Coupe progressive springs
229/337 front 274/463 rear
Notice the large gap between intial and final spring rates, good for comfort with the regular suspension's weaker shocks but also good for poor weight transfer control and poorer at the limit behavior.

Tanabe NF210 Springs G35 COUPE =1"/.6" drop
Spring rates in lbs 297/336
F-5% R-21%
Progressive springs like the Eibachs, but we don't know the initial rates. A 1" drop in the front on softer springs, not a good idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for all the info

so your saying any dropping more than 1" could be bad for the tires?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Good Springs to get for 05 G35 coupe w/ sport suspension

AirAlex85 said:
I'm picking up my G on the 23rd, and am wondering what springs would be best to get since it has the sport suspension already- but I feel like the wheel wells are too spaced. Any suggestions?
I have the same question. With regard to either the G35/350Z Tein H-Tech springs, has anyone installed these? If so, what positive/negative comments does anyone have? I have a '05 6MT Coupe w/19" OEM wheels.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I'm gonna go with the Teins- thanks for the info guys im picking up the car from the dealer saturday morning bright and early so ill take some pics, then a few weeks later the springs will be on :D

but im not gonna let my buddy install them like u MSB lol jk

how did that end up turning out anyway? and was the rattling from the springs or unrelated?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Listen to Gsedan35. Having said that, changing just the springs, will lower your car but the rest of your suspension will take on the burden of the agressive setting. Most likely your stuts will wear out (blow) prematurely...bushings may take a toll....tires will wear out faster, etc....and how fast they happen, it all depends on how agressive you get. Seems like many people in this forum have had good results with Tein and Eibach springs so far, but I am curious to see their long term effects on the rest of the stock suspension units. Just remember, once you start tinkering with the suspension, you are basically re-enginerring your own suspension setup disregarding the countless hours of tests and trials the nissan engineers have put into the stock setup. Also, the factory alignment specs would no longer apply to your new setup, you probably could make an educated guess-timate but you probably would never get it dead on.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
AirAlex85 said:
but im not gonna let my buddy install them like u MSB lol jk

how did that end up turning out anyway? and was the rattling from the springs or unrelated?
oo it worked out great. he knows what he is doing. he is ASE certified and all that crap - makes $30/hour for Toyota.
the rattles were completly unrelated. just interior rattles.
i took it to a good alignment place in the area. he got the camber very close to factory. i think the rears are at like -2. im not sure what factory is - but they look just like factory. it was at -3.5... so that is a big improvement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yeah i just said that cause i can only imagine one of my friends trying to put springs on my car and completely screwing it up, they can barely change a tire-

NX did make a good point though which gives me second thoughts on doing it, but I know plenty of people with springs on their car and theyre fine

how long should the h-techs last for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts