1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share an e-mail I received from Adam at Stillen:

<font color="purple"><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Hi Don,

The rumor mill is correct!

Production will begin soon on the sedan cat-back exhaust. I don't have an exact ETA yet, but we should have an idea pretty soon. As soon as we make a part number for the system I can put a reserve order in for you. There's no payment required until the system is available.

Let me know if you need anything else here Don.

Also, let me know your address and I'll send you a catalog today.

Cheers,
Adam</font id="Arial"></font id="size2"></font id="purple">

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Cool...Keep us up to date.[thmsup]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK fellas! Here's the scoop. Reserve yours today!

<font size="1">This is directly from Adam Hume at Stillen:</font id="size1">

<font face="Arial">First of all - Yes, it will be made! I have received a number of messages from people thinking that it's just a rumor, it's not - thanks to G35 Sedan owner and enthusiast Dave O. who has been grinding us to make this system since day one:)

Here's the news as of today....

Construction: True dual path mandrel bent cat back (2.5") pipe design. T-304 stainless steel .The current prototype design has a single muffler that is dual (piping) in / dual (3" tips) out.

Cost: TBA. The cost is usually released a couple of weeks prior to completion of the first production run.

Availability: ETA Min. 30 days/Max. 60 days. This is still only a guesstimate because of a lot of variables with production scheduling.

Horsepower: Excellent. Kick Ass. Surprising. These are a few of the words that R&D were using. I have not been told the exact results that will be the advertised HP for the system that's going into production, but I think it's safe to say that at least 15 HP at the wheels (or about 20 flywheel HP) will be had with this system.

Sound: I have heard the test system here and I think it has "tolerable personality" as do the other 3.5 systems that we have made. Of course, everyone has different ear. I'm sure that one of the sedan owners with the new system reserved will make a sound clip or video for all to review.

Now, if you like you can reserve a system from the first production run. There no payment required to do this. I'll contact you when your exhaust is ready and we have a sale price. Please contact me directly (if you don't already have a contact here) since I'm on a commission based salary:)

Also, let me know if any of you need a catalog. Just send me your name/address details to [email protected]

I hope this helped everyone. I'll let you know if anything new comes up.</font id="Arial">

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by johnnzen

that's gonna look awesome! Changing the exhaust won't cause reduced hp right?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

On the contrary. Should gain 15 HP or more. [:D]

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

1 - 6 of 6 Posts