Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Go straighten that mofo Gardiner! I expect a full report when you return.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
94 Posts
i drove it in my modded GS400. the damn thing is incredible. but drama is when you brake hard for a turn and the pedal slowly sinks to the floor with no significant decrease in speed. be careful.......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I think I will be a bit of engine braking! It is not a good feeling when you get on the brakes and find none. Thanks for the heads up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When are you heading out Gardiner?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got home early this morning, what a blast. If you can get a chance to drive this road you must. It was full of crotch rockets and cruising bikes, a couple of Miata's and other cars. At one point I got behind a couple of cruisers and making okay speed. A couple of crotch rockets came up behind me and I waved them around me on one short stretch. Then the cruisers fell into single file to let the crotch rockets go by them. I nailed the throttle and past them as well. I do not know my exact speed because I was trying to get my car under control. I was hitting the curves real hard and my wife started to scream for me to slow down. I was keeping up with the two bikes for a few curves and then I decided to bring the speed down. I had it in second and bounced the rev limiter a couple of times, that would have put my speed around 70 mph! When we reached the upper lookout area I met the two bikers that past me, one of them owns the website http://www.tailofthedragon.comand he was impressed. He took a photo of my car and put on his site, here is the link, http://www.tailofthedragon.com/slayers/2003/052403.html.

Like I said, if you can go there you must!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
94 Posts
kick ass, man. i so wish that i had the chance to take my coupe out there before i moved. the guys over at CL are setting up another trip this fall, so maybe i can rent somehting sporty and tag along. 350Z maybe.........

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
awesome dude! [thmsup][thmsup]

Since it had been awhile since I read this thread, I read your latest post thinking you were talkin' bout your G... then saw the pic and realized you were driving your vette. Next time, take the G out and let us know how it compares. I'd love to find out how the auto performs.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Wow Gardiner, that looks fun. Checked out the map and that looks like a total blast! I kow you were having fun if you made the wife nervous!

[lol]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She really trusts my driving, when I passed the cruisers she was okay. But when I started hitting the turns and those 2 bikes in front of me were almost on their sides it hit her. She started to scream and said for me to slow down, I had my fun so back down to 30-40 mph.

If you are ever near that place you must go there!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sweet picture. It would be quite a hike from Houston, but I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be a long drive, I drove from Atlanta to Robinsville,NC to Tunica,MS and back to Atlanta on my trip. Left Friday at 6:00 and got home 3:00 am Tuesday morning. Put 1,298 miles on my car in the process.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

That would be a long drive, I drove from Atlanta to Robinsville,NC to Tunica,MS and back to Atlanta on my trip. Left Friday at 6:00 and got home 3:00 am Tuesday morning. Put 1,298 miles on my car in the process.
Wow. That's a whole lotta seat time.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Wow. That's a whole lotta seat time.

but look at that car... I'm sure he enjoyed every minute of it! [:D]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts