Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new G35 Coupe from Glendale Infiniti in So Cal last night. I was pleased with the purchase. I dealt with Antonio Clarke and the sames manager and they made everything work out great for me. I highly recommend them. I actually ordered the G35C and it was scheduled for June but they called me yesterday and they got it in.

I picked up the Obsidian Black with black interior, DVD-NAV, Aero package, premium package, and the Sports package.

I traded in my 1999 Honda Prelude and i will miss it but out with the old baby and in with the new. =) Talk to you guys soon.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i saw your prelude there when i took my car in for service....they had a blue coupe (auto) there and a red coupe (stick). I think the blue one is still there

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
congrats, gopedg5! I had a Prelude as well -- you won't miss it at all now that you have your G! [cheers]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, im new to this forum and am interested in the g35 coupe. how much did you pay for the car at glendale? any other info i should before buying? thanks any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
aznr1c3bo1,

Welcome to the board. Most dealerships are still charging MSRP for the coupe... although I've heard a couple of stories where people were able to get a few hundred below MSRP. Dig around on this forum and you should be able to find a few threads about purchasing and pricing.

Good luck with your purchase. [cheers]

-Ken

By the way, I had a great buying experience at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys... If you go there, talk to Steve Ratmansky. He was great to work with. I don't have any experience with Glendale so I can't really comment on them.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
9 Posts
As far as I can tell, in Southern California, the G35 coupe is going for MSRP. I went to Glendale Infiniti, found a bunch that I liked, the next week they were all gone. Went to Infiniti South Bay, they had the color/options I wanted so I bought from them. I would have bought from either because they are still moving the G35 coupe for MSRP. If anyone has any luck moving the price in So Cal let the rest of us know cause no one I talked to was willing to move.

aznr1c3bo1, check out the dealer service thread for more info on what people got from the dealership, but I walked in with 3.9% financing and the dealership gave me 3.39% financing.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If you're in Southern California, check out the new dealership in Valencia. Parkway Infiniti. They've got tons of coupes on the lot. Not sure if you can get one below MSRP, but your chances will certainly be better at a dealership that has plenty of inventory.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my fully loaded 2003.5 Carribean Blue 5AT from Parkway Infiniti. Because it had expensive custom rims (and they couldn't replace them with regular ones) and it's a 2003, I got it for $2000 off sticker. Not a great deal but not too bad either, I expect to keep this car for a very long time so the 2003 vs. 2004 thing doesn't bug me too much. And, in retrospect, these rims really are very nice (they're chrome with 5 thick spokes and an Infiniti logo in the middle, which really sets off the blue).

I have also already experienced their service department, the CD player is faulty. It plays CDs for about 30-45 minutes, then starts to skip and then stop altogether until it cools off. I was a little nervous that they would be reluctant to fix it since it's hard to reproduce on the spot for them, but they ordered me a new unit without fuss.

Car is a real dream. It was a love at first sight, had to buy now sort of thing. I didn't even go into the dealership expecting to buy. I was planning on a Lexus SUV sometime next year. Screw hauling cargo, this is much more fun.

-- Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

If you're in Southern California, check out the new dealership in Valencia. Parkway Infiniti. They've got tons of coupes on the lot. Not sure if you can get one below MSRP, but your chances will certainly be better at a dealership that has plenty of inventory.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dont waste your time they dont give discounts, and not much on the lot. At least if you go to the dealers in the city, eventually they will give you say $500 off.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ucanbyteme

Dont waste your time they dont give discounts, and not much on the lot. At least if you go to the dealers in the city, eventually they will give you say $500 off.
It sounds like djrobx got a discount. [dunno]

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ucanbyteme

It sounds like djrobx got a discount. [dunno]

Its not a Discount if they took off the wheels and dipped them in chrome forcing the price up by 2000 then telling you that its a steel. That is what department stores do, mark up 200% then put a big 50% off sale and suckers go for it. Besides, you dont know what his intrest rate is, they make lots of money on that too.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Good point about the markup/markdown, ucanbyteme. I didn't read that part carefully. As for the notion of what his rate was, that has nothing to do with whether or not he was able to get a discount. Of course, it will affect how much money they make in the long run, but someone getting $2000 off with an extrememly high rate, still got a discount. May not have been a great deal, but it's still a mark down off MSRP, which is what we're talking about here.

And, not to give djrobx a hard time or anything, but I would have called BS if they "couldn't" change the rims back out. I think they sensed that he like them and would be willing to pay "extra" for them so they concocted a deal that got the car sold.

In any event, the coupes are still hot commodities, so dealers will do everything in their power to keep the prices high. At the same time, they want to sell cars, and all of them are no longer being sold before they hit the lot (like they were in the beginning) so the more experience you have buying cars and the better your negotiation skills, the more likely you will be able to get some $$$ off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts