Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[banghead]

I can't believe it. She went about two miles to the gas station before realizing it. The week previous I was letting her drive around and made a big deal when she didn't release it before backing up and thought she learned. Funny thing is last week she was laughing with some friends of mine about a guy who drove off in his new Frontier with the brake set. Now I'm the fool. [hypno]

So what kinda damage am I looking at? Luckily I don't think the brake was set too good but it still can't be good.

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
[irk] Last time she gets to drive! With most cars, a couple miles won't kill it (also depends on how tight the brake was set). Not sure about the Brembo's though. I would guess you're OK, but someone else here might have better info on the Bremmies.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I once had it on without realizing it, but it was on very lightly, and I figured out something wasn't right before I drove the first block... [bowdown]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
It took me awhile to get used to the foot brake on my 5AT. I'm so used to hand brakes that I often forget to release (or set, for that matter) the foot brake. But now that I've had the car for awhile, it's not so bad.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's so flat here in Houston I very rarely have even used it. I think I've only used it twice on an inclined driveway.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
I doubt that you caused any real damage, Daring. Brake calipers can take a real beating. You probably scored the e-brake rotor surface, but since this is a separate friction surface from the rear brake rotor, you shouldn't have an issue with brake feel. Heat intense enough to warp a rotor or cook a bearing probably won't occur in 2 miles. Just make sure you're e-brake still provides good holding grip.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I didn't realize the e-brake rotor and pad were separate. Just figured it activated the normal brake calipers. E-brake seems normal when pulled and it still has plenty of stopping power so I guess no harm done this time. [cheers]

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts