Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my sedan's center of gravity has been lowered, I have really put the stock tires to the test on corners and curves and I can say that the bastards can stick! Nice performance for stock, specially at 215 millimeter width. Have to get the most out of the 180 tread wear Goodyears, since the lower the tread wear, the stickier the tire... Nice rubber Infiniti!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I think they've done a great job with almost all the stock parts on this car. Except the audio, that is...

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't agree with you more completely Ken, what a machine! [bowdown]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do you notice a lot less body roll with just the springs? I'd imagine a set of sways would be really fun!!!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Do you notice a lot less body roll with just the springs? I'd imagine a set of sways would be really fun!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

V, I am encountering a whole lot less body roll. Eventually I will probably go polyurethane bushings and the whole thing, but might decide against it since like Kloh said, this car already has a gob of good stuff, plus I want to keep the ride quiet and squeak--free. BTW, Eibachs are finally out for the coupe! Look out for them...

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Damn XZ,

Now you have me wanting new springs! I wonder what their rules are for mods on a lease car? Anyone know?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Damn XZ,

Now you have me wanting new springs! I wonder what their rules are for mods on a lease car? Anyone know?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Same rules should apply within the warranty limitations lead (e.g: installing them at the dealer, babble babble babble) I'd think you can put the car back to stock before turning it in or end of lease inspection if you are planning on staying with it at the end...

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate
[brSame rules should apply within the warranty limitations lead (e.g: installing them at the dealer, babble babble babble) I'd think you can put the car back to stock before turning it in or end of lease inspection if you are planning on staying with it at the end...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I can never keep a car longer than a few years. That's why I leased. I will be upgrading to hopefully a new and improved G by then. Maybe by then they'll have an AWD turbo G. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footI can never keep a car longer than a few years. That's why I leased. I will be upgrading to hopefully a new and improved G by then. Maybe by then they'll have an AWD turbo G. [lol]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Or up the N/A horsepower to 300! [bigeyes]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That'll work! [:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lead, if you get lowering springs, you can no longer participate in the stock class am I right?

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Lead, if you get lowering springs, you can no longer participate in the stock class am I right?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not real sure. Let me check the rules real quick. I'm actually in a Street Tire class which is the same as Stock except you can't use Race tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts