Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are about ready to get a new car and most likely the G35 6MT Sedan will be the new car. We will be getting a 2004 model and have it fully loaded.

What I would like to know is if anyone could post any relevent issues or information that I should have before placing the order at the dealer. I have been reading these forums and FreshAlloy and have a good sense of what is going on, but it is always nice to hear from the experts about what is happening in the G35 domain.

Cheers[cheers]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
If they owe you anything to be done to the car make sure to get a "we owe". Same for free oil changes, get them in writing. I would avoid any paint treatments or undercoating packages.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Like all car dealers, they will try to get as much as they can for the car. Some more unscrupulous dealers might even reference the fact that the G35 is typically selling at MSRP because of it's popularity, without stating that it's typically the coupe that sells at MSRP. It's true, the G35 is a hot car right now, but they are not selling as many sedans as they would like. With that in mind, you should be able to get a good deal. DO NOT pay MSRP for a sedan.

Good luck!

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Like all car dealers, they will try to get as much as they can for the car. Some more unscrupulous dealers might even reference the fact that the G35 is typically selling at MSRP because of it's popularity, without stating that it's typically the coupe that sells at MSRP. It's true, the G35 is a hot car right now, but they are not selling as many sedans as they would like. With that in mind, you should be able to get a good deal. DO NOT pay MSRP for a sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I too agree with kloh here and I RE-ITERATE...DO NOT PAY MSRP for a sedan! hehe

'03 AT Sedan | Twilight Blue | Willow Leather | Premium

·
Registered
254 Posts
That is correct...I bought my 03.5 2 weeks after the 03.5's hit the lot, and got 2k off of sticker without too much hassle...most of the "treatments" are a scam mine had something called A Touch of Class which was a paint and interior protectant...I told them i didn't want it since it was 995.00, and they told me it is applied to every car, and all you pay for is the warranty...so I opted out...The first time my car got dirty, you could see the lines from where the protective plastic had been due to the glue having residue on the car still......Yea!!! I bet that was some good protectant

CMEGOBYU
03.5s Pearl, Sport, Prem, Aero

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey a dealer offered me $37,500 out-the-door price for a new G35 sedan 6mt equipped with these options:
premium
navi
aerokit+spoiler
black on black color.
what do you think ? is it too expensive ? or that price is fair ?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Near as I can tell, that's only like $200 off, unless it includes license, tax, etc. I'd think you could do better than that.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I agree. If it were me, I'd say no deal. Find out their invoice price, add a few hundred bucks to it, and work up from there.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
7 Posts
As you know, the g35 sedan is coming out with 2 new colors: Diamond Graphite and Twilight Blue...just wanted to see which color you guys think would be nicer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts