Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
black/black premium, winter, sport package (included with the 6MT). Can't wait... I am waiting on my lender for some final tweaking. The only thing left is to get the VIN# to give to me insurance co and negotiating my trade.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Monger

Drove it home about 70 miles and smiled the whole way!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Great, it is a nice car, and the motor pulls so strong.

2003.5 Blue Sedan

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Monger, did you ever get pics of her?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Seriously, car's are impossible to keep clean this winter! I can't wait 'till summer [:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL no kidding. I hadn't even opened the sunroof until last night in my garage. I was showing off for my two year old who kept asking "wha dat daddy" and "wha daddy doing". I told him that I was playing with my new car, and that when he is old enough he will understand.

As it is, he had never seen a manual transmission car until he was in my G. Now when I ask him how daddy drives his car he mimicks me shifting gears. When I ask him how mommy drives he mimicks her turning the wheel. Funny thing is, both her and I were going to the same place the other day, so she asked him who he wanted to drive with. He chose me with my G over the 03 Mountaineer. I haven't set him loose in the front seat yet, but I bet he is chomping at the bit to "drive daddy's car".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Damm winter really sucks.
I went to a touchless wash, then 10 min i drive out.
Its already dirty >_<[bigmouth]
Then i start crying[banghead]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Heh, you're son's got the right idea [thmsup]

6-speed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took delivery of my g35 6mt sedan on friday. And love it. Does anyone know any of the performance figures for the 6mt sedan?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
NICE, we've got our first 6MT sedan owner! [thmsup] Do you have any pics Davec? You should start a new thread and give us a little mini review! What car did you have prior to the G?

6-speed

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sorry Monger, for some reason I thought you had an auto! I must be getting old [V] Good thing you started this thread with the topic, "Getting my 6MT SEDAN today!" [banghead] I suck!

Has anyone driven both a 6MT sedan and auto sedan? Curious to know any differences in the way they drive.

6-speed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I test drove the auto and was very impressed. Very responsive with smooth power. I ordered the 6MT blindly as there was no way to test drive it... Here are my impressions after 700 miles and 1.5 weeks of ownership. Comparison wise, the manual rocks and the auto is very good. I like the additional control a manual gives you. Also, the auto that I test drove did not have the sports tuned suspension, and the manual comes with the sports tuned suspension. There is a definite difference there. The manual is much tighter around corners and you feel every bump:

- the clutch took some getting used to b/c it catches rather high. Once I got used to it I loved it. At the end of a shift, while releasing the clutch, it gives you an inaudible click. Good quality feel.

- the shifter took some getting used to also. Since I have never driven a 6 speed I have to say that my first shift into 6th was a leap of faith b/c the gear position is the same as reverse in a five speed. The shifts are very smooth, and the short throw is nice.

On a more negative note, it is difficult to "feel" what gear you are in with the shifter. It could be that it has been a while since I drove a manual car, but it seems that the shifter is not as intuitive as I would like. I also feel as though the throws could be a little shorter, but only marginally so.

- Yes, I cheated on the break in and raced an Accord merging onto the highway. Took it to 90, starting from 45 MPH in fourth, downshifting from 6th.... smooth acceleration- instant power. I put him in my rearview mirror on no time. When I looked down at the speedomoter I could not believe I was going 90.

- The car is a real head turner. The night I picked the car up the toll collector on the highway was admiring the new ride. LOL, there must have been six cars behind me while we discussed my new purchase. She asked me at least six questions about the car.

- The car feels light, like you can throw it around.

- It is really good in rush hour traffic since you are always in the right gear, which makes for easy lane changes. I noticed this on my first commute in traffic. In my old car (automatic) I would have to wait fot the car to downshift when I merged, which made for rough accelerations when changing into a faster moving lane. With the manual you just merge and hit the gas. You are instantly going with the flow of the faster traffic.

- You do get some vibration in the shifter. I have not paid enough attention to it to tell you when, but it is there.

- There is ample power to pass, even in 6th gear. It is nice to know that you can downsift into 5th if you need it, but 6th gear usually suffices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the 6mt sedan for 4 days. LOVE IT. Had a 01 VW Jetta GLX that I installed a performance chip and cold air intake making it about 205 hp. The G blows it away in every performance category.

Smooth shifts till 5th and 6th which you have to search a little bit for. I was having trouble choosing between the coupe and sedan. Drove both and to be quite honest other than the exhaust note did not feel much difference. I think that the 260 hp rating in the sedan is understated, which is why I am looking for some performance data. No rags have published anything on the 6mt sedan yet.

I do however get a low pitched rumble and slight shake in the wheel over 60 mph. Hopefully it is just a tire balance issue and not the natural result in the 6 speed drive train.

Anyone who would at least consider the G over the BMW 3 series or others just doesn't use logic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts