Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me to why my car when I step on the gas pedal it Delays to kick in. It doesn’t have a fast response when I press the gas pedal

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's why.

1-Push the selector to the right where you can choose what gear you want to be in.

2-Select a great that puts your car around 4500 RPM.

3-Stomp gas pedal.

4-Once car starts going fast, pull the gear selector back to the D.

Automatics have to kick down a gear when you step on the gas. Sometimes it doesn't put you in the powerband, but sometimes it does. (All depends on what the computer wants to do)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anything I can do to have a quicker response by adding something to the car I don’t know I’m new to this just asking? But I will definitely try that as soon as I get off work thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is there anything I can do to have a quicker response by adding something to the car I don’t know I’m new to this just asking? But I will definitely try that as soon as I get off work thank you.
Honestly, no. Many newer cars that have more gears in the transmission can be better at it. For example: the 10 speed auto in a newer (2018+) mustang gt versus the 5 speed auto in our car. BIG difference. More gears allow for more placements to put you in the powerband. Plus the computers are more advanced in newer performance cars. Otherwise, get a manual and you control what gear you're always in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, no. Many newer cars that have more gears in the transmission can be better at it. For example: the 10 speed auto in a newer (2018+) mustang gt versus the 5 speed auto in our car. BIG difference. More gears allow for more placements to put you in the powerband. Plus the computers are more advanced in newer performance cars. Otherwise, get a manual and you control what gear you're always in.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the help
I'm a Car Guy of the Car Community. Always willing to help. If you're ever in NC, hit me up. I can actually show you how it all works.

This forum seems like it's past its prime to be honest, which is a shame. These are still great cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts