Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6MT with Nav. The gas milege constantly reads 16.9MPG. This has never changed even though the car is not driven the same way every time. Shouldn't my gas milege fluctuate based on the way the car is driven? Just wondering if anyone with navigation has had problems with the computer MPG calculations.

G35 Coupe|Black Black|Premium
|Navigation|6MT

·
Registered
230 Posts
If your "Green Leaf" thingy is working, then your Avg. MPG should be fine as well. As rlipps said, try reseting it (you just have to push enter to reset) and see if you get a new MPG reading after 1 mile.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Even if it's not reset, it SHOULD change based on how you're driving, unless your habits aren't different enough. Do you do much freeway driving? Or mostly local streets?

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
14 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Even if it's not reset, it SHOULD change based on how you're driving<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

true, but if he has 5000 miles on it, and does mostly city driving, it might take awhile for the average to change.

Resetting it would be the best idea. If it still sits at the same exact amount after that, I would have it looked at.

2003 G35C | 6MT | Black with Black leather | Fully loaded (just no ground effects)

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That's basically what I was saying, but you said it clearer. [cheers]

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
550 Posts
Your Gas Mileage Average is cumulative, so if you have not reset it since 5000, then it will average the entire 5000. You ever notice how your MPG fluctuates more when you just reset it versus when you are about amost on E. That is beacause your scaling on a more quantitative scale. (Whew...That word just killed me)

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

1 - 7 of 7 Posts