Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,210 Posts
That's kinda low. I would hope to average between 18 and 20 mixed. I assume this is an auto sedan. Also, gas mileage tends to improve once the car is fully broken in.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Thats pretty close for city...although you SHOULD be getting a little more on the 18+ side depending on your driving style...hehe(heavy foot or not). Highway thats REALLY BAD! I drive to Austin about every other weekend and get around 25 mpg highway...

I believe the car listed from the factory is 20city/26highway.

'03 G35 Sedan.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
It will depend on your driving style. If you're on a manual, shift on the shallow end before 3000 always and you'll see better mileage.

Push it up to 5000+ often and you'll see it in the toilet. I've been having far too much fun in my coupe and, as a result, I'm at 15.7mpg.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

It will depend on your driving style. If you're on a manual, shift on the shallow end before 3000 always and you'll see better mileage.

Push it up to 5000+ often and you'll see it in the toilet. I've been having far too much fun in my coupe and, as a result, I'm at 15.7mpg.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

· Registered
2,208 Posts
I think it's about the same price here Chaz, maybe a dine less, but I haven't had a need to buy gas since the prices have shot up. I only have to refuel once every few weeks because I live very close to work.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
$1.70 here for 93. I "WAS" getting it for $1.55, but within the last few weeks it sky rocketted [irk]

Damn, 15.7, that's nice work! My Cl averages around 18 city. On long highway trips I've gotten 30 MPG [bigeyes] The CL also has a VERY tall 5th gear.

6-speed

· Registered
2,208 Posts
I do envy your ability to get 93 octane. Best I can find is 91 here. Drives me nuts.

The mileage thing was actually a big shock for me. My previous car, a Geo Prizm (rebadged Toyota Corolla) got about 30mpg in the city and closer to 40 highway.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah Semi, we have 94 octane Sunoco up here (Philly)! And, some stations have 100 Octane "race fuel". I can't picture any benefit from using 100 octane fuel, especially when it costs over $2/gallon.

6-speed

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.