Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 5AT and the gas mileage has been about 14.5 mpg. Is this normal? I would say I do not drive the hell out of it but I don't always go slowly. Any similar experiences with the at or comparison with the 6mt? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have a 6MT and consistently get about 18-20 in the city. I like to play a lot too. Although 90% of the time I drive civilly (sic).

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I get about 24 or so with combined driving. I only have 850 on mine so far. I have fun with it but I have never gotten on it yet! [:I]

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I got 17 (city) on my first tank, but I was having more fun with it than necessary (don't worry, if you remember my how-I-got-it story, you'd know someone else broke it in before I got it). On the current tank, I'm trying to keep the RPMs under 4K all the time and under 2500 most of the time. We'll see if that makes much of a difference.

Now that I'm filling a tank with 20gal of premium, I need to start watching my milage :)

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm averaging about 22-23 mpg with normal driving (lots of freeways). When I do more city driving, it drops to somewhere between 19-21.

Welcome aboard, Jark. Do a search. There are lots of threads here on gas mileage.

-Ken

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
26 Posts
I began in the 14-16 range, now average 18ish in a 6MT after 6000 mi.

Diamond Graphite/Diamond Graphite 6MT SC

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm averaging 16.8 mpg

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
28 Posts
welcome to the bad mpg club.
my 6mt has been in to see 2 dealers and they get 20plus mpg each time. i avg 14.5 - 16 mpg city if i'm lucky. i've tried driving it every way i can think of and it only changes by 1.5 mpg on avg per tank. so now i drive like an ass all the time b/c what does it matter. i get about 22 hwy on cruise at 75-80 so that's not too bad but i'll never get what the sticker claims unless i turn it off and coast downhill and i'm doubtfull that will work. [banghead][xx(][finger]

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tnbooo
unless i turn it off and coast downhill
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Pleeeeeease don't do that![crazy]

I get worse milage than my mom's minivan. Sucks.
But hey, we'll always be better than hummers!

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

But hey, we'll always be better than hummers!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That may not be necessarily true. When I am at the track I get 8-10 MPG[bigeyes]

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
let me put it this way, when the gas meter says half way full, i only went like 70 miles so far! thats 70 miles to 10 gallons! thats EXTREAMLY BAD! 7 miles to a gallon!!!!!!! i need to lay off the gas! i have to fill my car up with gas twice a week!!!!

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Just for you, I checked mione last night. After all the power failures here, I thought I would have trouble finding a working gas station. Found one right by my house. 20.14MPG and still only 850 on the odometer.[dunno]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses! I now am reassured that I am not blowing premium gas out of the wonderful dual exhaust! I wonder why the gas mileage seems to get better for some after a couple of K miles? Does anyone have an idea? I would guess friction gets less seals seal etc.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Break-in = less friction? Looser engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started at about 16mpg with normal - fun- driving... now after 5k miles I'm getting 19.5 on the average. G35.AT. I've noticed that changing my shift points and running one gear higher than normal for long stretches and downshifting when I need power is all it takes to get good MPG performance.

TaoCha
Diamond Graphite Coupe

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've been pretty pleased with my mileage overall. I get about 23 average, but I drive almost solely on the freeway back and forth from work. I also drive pretty conservatively unless I'm out to have some fun on the weekend, or see some riced out Neon that needs to be humbled.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
14 Posts
At 800 miles my last tank netted 20.97 MPG. The Nav had me at 21.4. Pretty close. I drive 60/40 Hway/City.

03 coupe/graphite/graphite/6MT/nav/prem/aero/FUN

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 6MT, and the very first tank of gas gave me terrible fuel economy (around 15 MPG).

My car recently had its first oil change (6000 km, ~4000 miles), and the fuel economy improved tremendously.

According to the navigation system, on the last two tanks of gas (Sunocco Ultra 94) I've gotten 8.7 litres/100 km (~27 MPG) in 95% highway driving. I'm sure that I could get even better millege if I didn't use Ultra 94 gas (which is 10% alcohol).

*** 2003 G35 Coupe, 6-Speed manual ***

1 - 20 of 37 Posts