Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think Infiniti will drop a V8 in the G??

Lexus did, dropped a V8 into their IS300, ..(IS430)
Afterall, theres a FX45 why not a G45??

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wonder if the Q45 engine would fit?

Sweeettt!

[boink]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
no.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Hmmm.... why not?

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
427 Posts
The 3.5 liter engine fits pretty snug in the engine bay. I dont see them being able to place another 1000cc into the bay. Plus the whole 53/47 wieght balance would be distrupted by alot.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
^ exactly.

I think it would require a complete redesign in order to build such a car. In which case, they won't bother calling it a G-class car and would instead try to fill some other price point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The FX is based on a modified FM platform, but the front suspension in the FX is struts instead of upper and lower control arms (struts take up less space, allowing room for the V8 in the FX45).

I doubt there will be a 45 version of the G unless there are significant modifications to the platform.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
4 Posts
i wonder why u guys ask for more power, u guys aint' even a real seariuos street racer, all those extra money on the car is just a waste of money cuz u guys cant' do anyhitn giwth it, it'll just be there for nothing.

so just stick with ur g

·
Registered
818 Posts
Bizz....Is that you???[lol]

·
Registered
869 Posts
OMG, that was soo funny!!!

[bowdown][bowdown][bowdown][bowdown][bowdown][bowdown][bowdown]

[finger][finger][finger][finger][finger]

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by iChiBahN

i wonder why u guys ask for more power, u guys aint' even a real seariuos street racer, all those extra money on the car is just a waste of money cuz u guys cant' do anyhitn giwth it, it'll just be there for nothing.

so just stick with ur g
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bizz, you r so fun knee, i iz glad you be back wid us.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
159 Posts
With a 280 HP V6, I seriously doubt we'll see a V8 in the coupe.....

After all, the current engine puts out more power than some V8 engines these days, and more than MOST V8 engines from just a few years back.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Can someone translate iChiBahN's post into English for me?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Can someone translate iChiBahN's post into English for me?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

"I am curious why the members of this forum are requesting more power. I don't believe there are any serious street racers here. Thus, anyone who invests in additional performance equipment is likely wasting their time, since it's unlikely they will actually take advantage of the extra power. I suggest you leave your G35 stock."

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kloh, I'd have to disagree with the above comment. I commute to town daily and the drive is......spirited. I could use extra power there and any beamers that could be killed along the way would add an extra bonus. However I am of course an isolated case, and in turn somewhat of an "invalid" voice on this matter. But I could use the extra power, we all could........

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oops, I'm a retard. That comment was not made by Kloh, but by ichibahn. My bad.

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

1 - 20 of 31 Posts