Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me my g37 coupe rear licence plate light not working and tail light button for trunk not working.

the bulbs are not the problem.

tail light operates normally just the button dosn't work need help.:mad::confused:

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
That's a good idea. Start with the fuses first. There are 3 fuse boxes. 1 by the driver's left foot and two in the battery compartment.

check continuity to make sure the trunk button isn't damaged and the same for the tag light socket.

You can try to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery overnight. And make sure the valet switch in the glove box isn't on.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked fuses thire all good.i cheeked all fuse boxes. i noticed when i start the car my rear lights don't work until i press the break or signal otherwise their not on.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Sounds like a relay. They are a pain

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
So the turn signal lights work and the brake lights work, but not the tail lights when the headlights or parking lights are on?

Those are separate circuits. It could be a relay issue, like Stillen said.

How did you determine the bulbs aren't the problem?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes correct when the car is started i turn on the headlights but tail lights don't work prior to getting my whole car repainted evrything worked fine not anymore.the guy that painted the inside of the trunk took out the wiring when i hooked evrything back up it wasnt working.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
problem fixed evrything working fine it was a blown fuse and wire was cut.thanks for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts