Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lastnight at about 11:15pm, I left my house to go to my girlfriend's appartment. The drive is 28.5 miles. The highway is about 3 miles from my house. On my way to the highway I was rolling up to a red light, it turned green, and I passed a WRX. He got on it to catch up with me. I noticed that this WRX was diffrent. It sounded great! It had a nice deep sound, unlike most small cars. At the next light we both got in the left turn lanes to go under the highway and get on it. The light turned green, I got the jump, his turbo kicked in and he slowly pulled past me. At the turn to get on the access road I could hear both of our tires doing their best to stick to the road. I had the inside lane, so he didn't get away from me. As we came out of the turn we both got on it. He beat me, and got in front of me when the two lanes went to one. While we were getting on the highway we both hit about 110. To my surprise, he didn't pull much on me at higher speeds. We gunned it back and fourth at about 100 for a while. Then we rolled down our windows, gave eachother props, and cruised at about 90 untill my exit about 15 miles down the highway. I know I got beat,(again) but it sure was fun!

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Haha, sav got beat again [:D]
Cool though! I'm not too surprised the WRX can beat us. Similar power, lighter, etc. Sounds like he was a cool guy too, that always helps.

But you...you have to pick your fights better [:)]

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ya, those WRXs are quick, but i was able to beat my friend with a wrx that had a Turbo XS accelback exhaust, just barely...i was beat him by about a whole car length. I think though by just a couple mods, those WRXs can flyyy!

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You should only really lose to a WRX if it is an STi or has 3 or more BPUs done to it. Stock they should give a Coupe some trouble from the start. From a roll however, we definitely have the advantage.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was night so I couldn't see if it was an sti or not, but this thing was fast. I had him until the turbo spooled up, which wasnt very long.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a missed opportunity with a WRX/STi - I saw him flying by as I was making a right hand turn and gunned it to catch up. Lucky for us we ran into an intersection and caught the red light. Oh yeah baby!!!
Well needless to say the bastard rolled a little and then made a right.[banghead][censored]

[dunno]what's up with that? At least race down the block and make a u-turn after a little challenge. Anyway, luck will have it that I have not had any challenges in this car. Still waiting....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts