Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really saw it as a big car until I bought it home and parked it in the garage. My other car in there is a E39 5 Series and my G is bigger in every dimension.

Not that I am complaining the last 5 days have been the best driving my new beast, but I never thought it would be this big.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I think thats why I like them so much. I'm not too into little cars, most of them seem pretty girly. But then again all I've had in the past is pickups.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm with you guys... I like the fact that it's a sizeable coupe. It's the main reason I didn't want the TT or S2000... they're both too small.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
60 Posts
My other car is also an E39BMW- 540. It inhabits the same garage. Took 4 dings before I finally figured out it was the rear door of my wife's 540 banging into my G35C door/front fender. My kids were a little aggressive in opening their back door. Needless to say, the child lock is now back on that BMW door. Dealer says $300 to take the dings out- which I will do eventually. Live and learn. Keep some distance between those 2 cars, as it's clear that the strength of the BMW sheetmetal will win.

By the way, I thought our 540i 6-speed was the best car I'd ever driven- until I got my 6M/T. Though you can't beat 8 cylinder torque with 6 cylinders, the total drive is better in the 6M/T.

Skip Barber Graduate

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by IP_G35C_Boy

I never really saw it as a big car until I bought it home and parked it in the garage. My other car in there is a E39 5 Series and my G is bigger in every dimension.

Not that I am complaining the last 5 days have been the best driving my new beast, but I never thought it would be this big.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hmmm.... To me, the 5 series looked a little bigger.

When I looked up the specs, the 5 series is 188" long. The G35 Coupe is listed at 182" long. The 5 series is also taller than the Coupe. The only dimension that the G35 is larger is the width, and only by a half inch.

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GTO2050

Really? It's smaller (shorter) than the CL-S it replaces! And a whole lot shorter than my 68 GTO. :D

GTO, what's up bud? How are you liking the new ride?

And yeah, I don't know what kind of cars these guys are coming from to make them think the G35 Coupe is a "big" car....... In all reality, it's about the size of a late-model Mustang. Not too big or too small..... just right[:D]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tom2

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GTO2050

Really? It's smaller (shorter) than the CL-S it replaces! And a whole lot shorter than my 68 GTO. :D

GTO, what's up bud? How are you liking the new ride?

And yeah, I don't know what kind of cars these guys are coming from to make them think the G35 Coupe is a "big" car....... In all reality, it's about the size of a late-model Mustang. Not too big or too small..... just right[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hey Tom...sup wid you? Good to see you over here. Luvin' the ride so far. Can't find anything wrong with it other than the old fashioned hood prop rod. If that's all I can bitch about it, I'll be bored.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.