Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really flipped me out. Good to know I had a friend in the car to use as a witness.
Last Friday, I caught up to a yellow Lotus Esprit S4s at a light. I was actually stunned to see one in Austin. They are hard to find. The ugly thing about the car was the guys plate “OH YEAH” Yeah I know tacky. Anyway, my friend and I were checking this guy’s car out when I heard him rev his engine. I looked over at my friend and noticed that look that said “ah [email protected]%$ it”.[boxing] So when the light went green I floored it. The G actually took the Lotus off the line as we got up to about 70. The guy was not in a good mood.[rage] He was on my ass as we got on the freeway. He ended up speeding off and acting crazy.
That was Friday.
Saturday (the next day) I was coming home and noticed another Lotus traveling pretty fast in and out of traffic in my rear view mirror. Time it was a red Lotus Esprit S4s. I couldn’t believe I say two one day after the next. I was cruising at about 80 when the Lotus caught up and started speeding up and slowing down next to me. [boxing] HAHA the nerve. The guys were in there 40’s. All I did was got behind them and got up to about 100. He didn't pull on me at all. As I took my exit they ended up following me. So I took a side road with plenty of road. The Lotus was about 2 cars behind at a light so I waited for him. He surprised me by flooring it and changing lanes. He passed my going about 40-ish. I (of course) down shifted. At about 70 I started to catch him. I started passing him at about 110. He didn’t let off so I didn’t. I stopped at about 140 and 2 car lengths.[rockon] I was so pumped up after that I had to take I cold shower. I couldn’t believe the G had that much HP. The car handles soo good. I’m sure there are 2 lotus owners who don’t like G’s.[banghead]
Hope you enjoyed. I did [cheers]

G35 Coupe
6MT DG/W prem, aero, navless

·
Registered
197 Posts
im just gonna wait for rlipps to come and say that he got up to 152, and then im gonna go out and get 153 and show him whos BOSS.[pimp]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
nobody was trying to be boss. you can go ahead and hit 156 and watch the governor kick in all day if you want. the only reason I even mentioned my speed was to say that I thought the car was stable above 140.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
56 Posts
What year? Later ones have Twin Turbo V-8s with 350hp.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
NICE KILLS!![clapper] Maybe the first guy went home and posted a message on a forum about you. Got them all out looking for you![image]http://jabberwoq.com/images/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/image]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Next time, see if you can find a whindy road and attempt the same thing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

What year? Later ones have Twin Turbo V-8s with 350hp.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The S4s is not the current 350hp.
Friday was an S4s and saturday was an S4.

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sure you did. Please -- put down the crack pipe. You couldn't outrun my '72 Elan let alone one of the world's fastest cars that not only has more horsepower than your G35 but also weighs less. If you're going to tell stories, start with Jack and Jill.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by emoreno

This really flipped me out. Good to know I had a friend in the car to use as a witness.
Last Friday, I caught up to a yellow Lotus Esprit S4s at a light. I was actually stunned to see one in Austin. They are hard to find. The ugly thing about the car was the guys plate “OH YEAH” Yeah I know tacky. Anyway, my friend and I were checking this guy’s car out when I heard him rev his engine. I looked over at my friend and noticed that look that said “ah [email protected]%$ it”.[boxing] So when the light went green I floored it. The G actually took the Lotus off the line as we got up to about 70. The guy was not in a good mood.[rage] He was on my ass as we got on the freeway. He ended up speeding off and acting crazy.
That was Friday.
Saturday (the next day) I was coming home and noticed another Lotus traveling pretty fast in and out of traffic in my rear view mirror. Time it was a red Lotus Esprit S4s. I couldn’t believe I say two one day after the next. I was cruising at about 80 when the Lotus caught up and started speeding up and slowing down next to me. [boxing] HAHA the nerve. The guys were in there 40’s. All I did was got behind them and got up to about 100. He didn't pull on me at all. As I took my exit they ended up following me. So I took a side road with plenty of road. The Lotus was about 2 cars behind at a light so I waited for him. He surprised me by flooring it and changing lanes. He passed my going about 40-ish. I (of course) down shifted. At about 70 I started to catch him. I started passing him at about 110. He didn’t let off so I didn’t. I stopped at about 140 and 2 car lengths.[rockon] I was so pumped up after that I had to take I cold shower. I couldn’t believe the G had that much HP. The car handles soo good. I’m sure there are 2 lotus owners who don’t like G’s.[banghead]
Hope you enjoyed. I did [cheers]

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You 54-year-old-living-in-the-past fool. An early 90s Elan only runs a 6.6 0-60 and 15.2 1/4 mile. Wake up, please leave the past (when you thought that your ferrari wannabe was the coolest car in town) and step into the modern day. I see at least 20 different types of cars a day that can easily beat those times.

Granted, the S4s when properly tuned would easily kill a G35 Coupe, but it is still not one of the worlds fastest cars...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Wow!

Well, the guy's first post was an entire quote, with no comments. Then his second post was just him popping off at the mouth about a subject that he obviously knew nothing about. Lastly, those were his only two posts, so he obviously didn't come here to contribute. He is just a troll, so I will treat him accordingly.[:D]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
LOTUS ESPRIT S4 SPECS
Base price: $76,875
Vehicle type: mid-engine, rear-drive; 2-door 2-passenger coupe
Interior volume F/cargo (cu ft): 47/8
Wheelbase 96.0 in
Track, F/R 60.0/60.5 in
Length/Width 170.5 in/73.2 in
Height 45.3 in
Curb weight 3200 lb
Fuel-tank capacity/EPA city mpg 18.5 gal/17
Standard passive restraint driver and passenger airbags

POWERTRAIN
2.2-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve 4-in-line, 264 hp; 5-sp man

SUSPENSION
F ind, unequal-length control arms, coil springs, anti-roll bar
R ind, multilink, coil springs, anti-roll bar

BRAKES
F/R vented disc/vented disc
ABS standard

The Esprit is one of the fastest four-cylinder cars in the world. Lotus has been able to extract as much power as is in some Porsches, Ferraris, and Corvettes from the English firm's small 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine with the help of turbocharging and intercooling. That sums up the Lotus philosophy nicely: a smaller motor weighs less, and hence doesn't strain the rest of the car with extra pounds to carry around.

The Esprit S4 is roomier than early models (the car was introduced in 1976 and turbocharged models came in 1983). The S4 has had its styling cleaned up this year, too. The Esprit is built like a combination of kit car and race car, with a welded tube frame under its fiberglass body. There is no question about performance: our last Esprit test showed us a 158-mph top speed. That's as fast as any four-cylinder street car can go.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

Granted, the S4s when properly tuned would easily kill a G35 Coupe, but it is still not one of the worlds fastest cars...

For Clarification I was referring to the S4-S, not S4s (as in the plural of S4). I didn't mean to confuse anybody.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Go Lipps!! Don't take no shit from anybody!!!

Brit....Put down the crack pipe??????? Couldn't beat my '72 Elan??

Not gonna make a lot of friends with that [bs]

·
Registered
233 Posts
To listen to someone telling us that a G35 outran an S4S is laughable. (Was the Lotus actually racing or merely moving down the road?) My Elan Sprint gives away 2 liters in capacity and 150 horsepower to the G35 but will still beat it to 60mph. Furthermore, on a road with any curves at all, the G35 will wind up in a ditch chasing my car. My Elan was built by a team that won a F1 Car Constructor's title that year as well as a F1 driver's title. (Private entry Lotus Elans have won back-to-back SCCA C Production titles. Are any of you aware of the displacement of some of the cars in this class? I can tell you that it's a lot larger than 1.6liters.)I've beaten enough cars with larger engines for the past 25 years to know my car's capabilities. An Esprit S4S is even faster, indeed one of the 100 fastest cars ever made, and certainly a lot faster than a G35 -- all on just four cylinders.

Ferrari wannabe? LOL. Today, money wins F1 races. When Chapman was alive and calling the shots during the 60's and 70's, his little company but giant innovations kicked Enzo's ass all over the F1 circuits of the world.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
It all depends on the race brit1072, your car might run great on a road race course like Road Atlanta. How about Atlanta Dragway, 1/4 mile to reach the end, what is your torque, that is where the bigger V6 will come into play. I would bet my lowly CRXsi could even suprise you on a 1/4 mile drag. Your car makes 265 hp and mine only about 160 hp, you weigh about 3200 lbs and mine weighs about 1800 lbs. That could make a close race.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with the one guy who said put down the crack. The esprit wasn't racing you or you were trippin on acid. The Lotus esprit s4s hits 0-60 in 4.4 secs, your g35 would be toast.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Double 0 Seven

I agree with the one guy who said put down the crack. The esprit wasn't racing you or you were trippin on acid. The Lotus esprit s4s hits 0-60 in 4.4 secs, your g35 would be toast.
If the outcome of every race was based on the 0-60 of the car then there would be no need for anymore races. There is a thing called driver skill, try launching a 450 hp Vette and win every race.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts