Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a G35 vs a 330i. In doing my comparison, looks like the 330i is the better luxury performance sports sedan, but the G35 is $7k less. I'm leaning towards the 330i. Any reason why I should consider a G35 over a 330i? Any insight would help.

thanks,

-D

·
Registered
123 Posts
How bout this, try buying the G35, then spend $7k on modding the car to your likings..perforance..luxury..custom interior..etc etc...

and at that..it will also be unique from the other cars![clapper]

|So. Cal|G35 Sedan|Premium|Aero|Black/Black|Still looking for good salesman/dealer|

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If you were comparing to an M3 or a 5 or 7 series, it would be a much tougher question, but for me the decision is simple. G for it's uniqueness. There are so many damn Bimmers all over the road and they all look pretty much the same. I like the fact that the G is not that common right now. May change over time, but right now is a great time to have a G.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
97 Posts
1) The g35 looks better or at least diffrent
2) the 330 has pretty much had the same body style since 99
3) The G35 has more power and is faster.
4) It has a lot more room inside then a 330.
5) It won't break down on you in 3 years or give you problems like BMWs are know for.( I should know i had 2 of them)
6) The G35 makes heads turn when your on the road. seen one 330 seen them all
7)If your smart, regardless if you have money to blow, you'll like what you get for the price of a G35 fully loaded.

I like BMWs, my next car will be a 745, but I just feel that for the price and quality of the two cars your considering, the G35 is a winner!
G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Then again, what did you expect to hear in a G35 forum [:D]

But how about this:
I test drove the 330i before the G35. The BMW salesman asked me what other cars I was looking at, so I told him. He said I should get the G. Now that's honesty! [:)]

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Today I went to lunch with my girlfriend. We sat at a table where we could see my G. As we were eating my girlfriend said "look, those people are looking at your car". I looked out the window, and there was a family that was about to get in their taho. First the dad put his face near the window and looked in. Then the two kids looked in for a little bit. Then the dad went to his lexus and the mom drove off in the tahoe with the kids.
I just think it's really cool to have a car that people take a second look at, because they've never seen one before. I doubt you would see anyone doing that to a 330i.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance |http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=407233

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

1) The g35 looks better or at least diffrent
2) the 330 has pretty much had the same body style since 99
3) The G35 has more power and is faster.
4) It has a lot more room inside then a 330.
5) It won't break down on you in 3 years or give you problems like BMWs are know for.( I should know i had 2 of them)
6) The G35 makes heads turn when your on the road. seen one 330 seen them all
7)If your smart, regardless if you have money to blow, you'll like what you get for the price of a G35 fully loaded.

I like BMWs, my next car will be a 745, but I just feel that for the price and quality of the two cars your considering, the G35 is a winner!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agreed although hasn't the 330 been the same body style for the past 10 years??? [:D]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Agreed although hasn't the 330 been the same body style for the past 10 years??? [:D]

Seems like they haven't changed much since the day I was born.[dunce]

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the exact same boat.

My First problem, Sedan or coupe? Coupes are definitely more fun, but sedans with sticks are also fun and maybe a bit more practical.

Second Problem. 330i, or G35? Definetely get more for your money with the Infiniti, but BMW has free maintnence for 50,000 miles. I drove a 2003 330i tonight with the sport package and real leather, asking price $36,800. 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan, with all options, (spoiler, Navi, BOSE etc.) $36,035. Honestly comparing the G35 sedan with the 330 Sedan, the performance is about equal. The G35 may be a bit faster, but the BMW nearly matches the speed with 35 less HP. The BMW IMO handles a little better and I really like the looks of 330 Sedan better than the G35 sedan, but I can't fathom spending 36,000 for a nearly 2 year old car when I can get a brand new decked out G for the same price.

I am split between the G35 Coupe and BMW330i Sedan. For some reason I really like the 330i Sedan looks and wheels. I don't too much like the 330 coupe, looks almost exactually like the Sedan with 2 less doors. Plus as somonelse stated, there are BMWs everywhere, and they don't really turn heads, unless they are M3s, or the new 6 and 7 series. My only reservation on getting the G35 is that its a Nissan, not to sure of resale value or build quality. i haven't heard too many problems with BMW's except for this girl that had numerous problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow that is Honest! BTW How are you enjoying your 6speed G sedan? do you have any regrets by not getting the BMW instead?

I am thinking about getting a 6MT sedan or coupe! The guy at Infiniti told me that there are no 2003 sedans with Manuals, obviously he was wrong!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

Then again, what did you expect to hear in a G35 forum [:D]

But how about this:
I test drove the 330i before the G35. The BMW salesman asked me what other cars I was looking at, so I told him. He said I should get the G. Now that's honesty! [:)]

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
BMWS can turns heads....if u don't leave them bone stock. There are a lot of things U can do to make your bmw unique, start with a borla exhaust then add DDEs, add a nice body kit, and some nice rims. Its going to cost you a lot but it will turn heads. A lot of ppl buy bmws then leave them bone stock...but the few you see modded...wow...

Ok now back to G35 or 330i. They both perform the same. They both handle well, but the bmw will handle better stock...thats just bmw magic. :D I had one and loved it...Apparently bmw reliablity has been improving...thats what they say I dunno for sure. But why spend the extra 7k for something that performs the same? and looks the same as everything else...unless u wanna pour another 3k in with mods to make it look unique. Last thing....the 3 series has be redesigned and I think is coming to come out next year....wait and maybe u can get a better deal.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Now this is my time to convince you to buy a G35 becasue in december of last year...i was in the EXACTLY same situatuon as you...here in so cal the BMW dealer and the INFINITI dealer are 20 feet apart and i was deciding between the 2003 330i sport or the G35 sedan....I was pretty much sold on the 330i becasue the handling was simply amazing and the looks are gorgeous...HOWEVER...when i test drove the infinti...there is absolutely no comaprison in power between the 2 cars....the G35 kiks the SHIT outta the 330i...it is so unbelievably fast and the handling is still very amazing ....why the hell would u wanna spend 7K for a car thats a little bette r in handling but wayy slower in power and torque....jus get some wider wheels for the G35 and it will handle better than the 330i...my friend just bought a 2003 330i ZHP perforamnce package and i kik the crap outta him on the drag and his car is stick and mine is Auto....get the G35 and it wont let you down...plus you can get it LOADED to the max with NAV and Sports package and the works...for less the 37K!!...All my friends that have BMWs give me mad props for my car and want to get one themselves...Check out all the recent comparos between the 330i and the G35...the G ALWAYS wins....

·
Registered
129 Posts
If price IS an issue, then the G35 wins easily. Infiniti is trying to work its way into the market where BMW is perceived as the established benchmark. They are doing this by making a fantastic car and selling it for a good bit less than a comparable BMW.

If price IS NOT an issue, then you've got a closer call. Both cars are fantastic performers. There performance parameters are so close that you'd be hard pressed to find a real world meaningful way to call one "better" than the other. I'm biased, of course, since I just bought a G35, but I'd still go with this car. I've driven a BMW or two here and there (including a 330 on a test a couple years ago), and to me the G35 just feels more solid. In the end, however, you need to do what's going to make you feel good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've also considered the 330.

I ended up getting the G35 for a few reasons.

1. price
2. 2 of my friends own 330s
3. Like the friend situation, I see a lot of 330's around that look the same.

after choosing..I don't regret because

1. I get way more talk about my car then my two friends with the 330
2. I have a lot of options on my car and still paid less for my G then the 330
3. My car is known to be more practical then the 330 because of the roomier back seats...my friends really like the reclining. And I don't lose any performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have to think that most diligent people who own a G35 or 330i would have pitted these 2 cars against one another during their buying process. So, here's my story.

Started researching for a new vehicle last fall. I never considered the G35 at first b/c all the pubs said its interior sucked. So I stuck to the perennial favorites in the sports sedan category: A4,9-3, TSX, TL, and yes, 330i ZHP. Test drove all of them and I had my eyes set on the 330i ZHP. So set that I was a day away from putting in an order for European Delivery.

That was until I drove the G35 after an impromptu visit to an Infiniti dealer. Just had to make sure I would be ordering the right car and not testing the G35 seemed an irresponsible thing to do.

Well, I immediately fell in love with the G35. The torque was superior to the 330, the handling was indistinguishable given my amateur driving skills, the feedback you get from the G35's shifter felt oddly satisfying. Oh, and let's not discount the insurance factor (much cheaper to insure an Infiniti) and the warm friendly service I received from the Infiniti dealer vs. the 3 local BMW dealers that basically felt the car was more than the customer. Sort of the "are you good enough for a bimmer?" attitude. Oh well.

That said, the new E90 (2005 3 series) is coming out and a brochure of the same is available in Germany. The car looks beautiful and many of the arguments against the 330 mentioned above may not be relevant any more. The new 3 series is larger and sports a new body style that is reminiscent of but much more appealing than the 7's and 5's.

If $ no object, then go with what inspires you on your drives (for me that'd be an M3/5).

'04 6MT Sedan | Carribean Blue | Graphite Leather | Premium | Aero

·
Registered
130 Posts
The G35 is faster after 60mph. Try it and you'll see. Up to 60, they are about even. Infiniti service is also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

04 Coupe DG/Auto/Prem/Nav/Perf

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by EZ

Up to 60, they are about even.
Not in my "independent verification" [:)]
My sedan beat my friend's 330Ci.

"struan87 you are way better than Google!" --BCole
Pictures.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry...should have clarified. The 6-speed ZHP version is about even. To 60mph, the G35 > 330. Autos....not even close. The G35 loses very little in the auto tranny due to good gearing and the torque (ohhhh the torque!).

04 Coupe DG/Auto/Prem/Nav/Perf

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'm sure just like everyone else we cross shopped the G with other entries in this category. I considered Lexus, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes, Acura and for me the bottom line simply came down to Infiniti offering a better package (performance, luxury, PRICE) than the others.

On a side note if money was not a factor I'm sure everyone on this board would be driving a Lambo or Ferrari of some type.

BTW I Have the 6speed sedan.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts