Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Friday night and I'm headed to the beach with the ride packed. 6 Heads to be exact, 3 girls and my two boys which were all comfortable (not to my surprise[boink]). Well anyway, we pull up to this light, and there is a white Lexus GS300 with one guy driving it, and in the other lane there is a Lexus SC300 fully decked out with dual exhausts and the whole wheel/drop thing going on, and only one driver as well. They both rev, I switch VDC off, and go manual. When the light turns green, the two Lexus seem to have a jump all of a sudden, before the G's angry VQ jumped in front of both of them and 2nd gear had just been clicked in. 100mph in a blink of an eye and both sets of headlights looked like small candles in my rearview. Anybody got an explanation to why I won if I had 6 heads? Does the VQ35DE motor come alive under loads?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

It's Friday night and I'm headed to the beach with the ride packed. 6 Heads to be exact, 3 girls and my two boys which were all comfortable (not to my surprise[boink]). Well anyway, we pull up to this light, and there is a white Lexus GS300 with one guy driving it, and in the other lane there is a Lexus SC300 fully decked out with dual exhausts and the whole wheel/drop thing going on, and only one driver as well. They both rev, I switch VDC off, and go manual. When the light turns green, the two Lexus seem to have a jump all of a sudden, before the G's angry VQ jumped in front of both of them and 2nd gear had just been clicked in. 100mph in a blink of an eye and both sets of headlights looked like small candles in my rearview. Anybody got an explanation to why I won if I had 6 heads? Does the VQ35DE motor come alive under loads?

XL

Yo Xl..........You won cuz your the man! Who knows why you won, the point is you should win every F*&^ing time aganist a toyot. When I first got my G, I was comming home from South Beach around 4am and I was on 95, some guy in a sc430 came flashing his lights behind me, so with 4 people in my G I moved aside, let hime pass me, then I gunned it, I caught up to him (v8 under his hood)And proceeded to blast passed him, he never caught up..............explain that?

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport
2003 CLK500 on order

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

XL

Yo Xl..........You won cuz your the man! Who knows why you won, the point is you should win every F*&^ing time aganist a toyot. When I first got my G, I was comming home from South Beach around 4am and I was on 95, some guy in a sc430 came flashing his lights behind me, so with 4 people in my G I moved aside, let hime pass me, then I gunned it, I caught up to him (v8 under his hood)And proceeded to blast passed him, he never caught up..............explain that?

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport
2003 CLK500 on order

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chillin at the gas station, buying munchies and drinks after the race [drunk].

Yo G-Class, nice f*cking kill man [boink]!

XL

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can't believe you were racing with kids in the car! Real smart!

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman

Well, if you consider 23, 24, and 28 year-old men with 3 over 21 year old girls kids, you're entitled to your opinion, but then again, that's you. The basic point of the matter was that my car was fully occupied, whether it was with iron anvils or human beings.

XL

·
Registered
61 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman

Well, if you consider 23, 24, and 28 year-old men with 3 over 21 year old girls kids, you're entitled to your opinion, but then again, that's you. The basic point of the matter was that my car was fully occupied, wither it was with iron anvils or human beings.

XL

Haha...I did not know the ages of the occupants. That's cool.
[boink]

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35WomanHaha...I did not know the ages of the occupants. That's cool.
[boink]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey hey hey, you know what they say about ASSuming... J/K LOL [cheers]

XL

·
Registered
72 Posts
xzellerate, I noticed in the pics that your fog lights are not the stock ones. Did you replace them with a HID system, or something else. I know this question is a little off topic, but the car looks great!

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GsuIrvin, thanks for the compliment man. I noticed my fog lamps are whiter than the fogs I see on other G's but I have not touched them at all. Must be xenon based bulbs rather than Halogen based... That would be a good question to ask the factory... hmmmmm. Either way, I think the flash from the camera helped add some whiteness for what it's worth, so I don't think there's a giant difference anyway. Catch ya lata... [thmsup]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
XZ,

Also a little off topic, but which one of those girls are you puttin it to?

[boink]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

XZ,

Also a little off topic, but which one of those girls are you puttin it to?

[boink]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO! I don't think I will ever get over that smiley LOL. Nah man I am trying to hook my boys up and that's pretty much it man. I got a girlfriend, and like Chaz, wouldn't want to mess up a platinum relationship. [angel]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sweet! Just making sure the X-man is taking care of business! [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Also a little off topic, but which one of those girls are you puttin it to? [boink]

ROTFLMAO... I was wondering the same thing.

I got a girlfriend, and like Chaz, wouldn't want to mess up a platinum relationship. [angel]

Gotcha, x... gotcha... [;)]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

How did you get 6 people in that thing? Four in the back seat?

Gardiner, 4 passengers were surprinsingly comfortable in the back seat... Allowed me to get a good idea of how my car would look lowered, and I liked it[boink]! Got sedan? LOL

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

Hey lead, what chu think about this [bs] http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67403227&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe it. I think all cars drive differently. I think there are so many variables that it's entirely possible for a 5AT Sedan to beat a 6MT Coupe. I'd really like to put it to the test and try to get a few of each at a track and get some time slips.

Chaz, maybe we can gather a few Houston folks with Coupes and head down to Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. They have fun runs every Friday night.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footI'd really like to put it to the test and try to get a few of each at a track and get some time slips.

Chaz, maybe we can gather a few Houston folks with Coupes and head down to Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. They have fun runs every Friday night.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good idea. I am currently organizing a G35 only meet with coupes and sedans to take place 2 weeks from now. Had the same thing in mind about setting up some races, although ours will have to be purely on the streets since we are all cruising together, and the closest track is 60 miles away.. Either way, it will be one fun night cruising with 10 or more G35s all in fleet formation.

XL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts