Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to replace my original tires in my G35 Sedan with the sports suspension and Aerio Package. None of the dealers carry the OEM tires (Goodyear Eagle GS-D W-rated). They only carry the Goodyear Eagle RSA which are only V-rated. Are their any other alternatives to the Goodyear Eagle GS-Ds? The Goodyear Web Site does not even list them. Can you go from 215/55-17s to 224/55-17s.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you love driving like you belong in F1 or KART, don't get the RSA's, they are the epitome of Squealing Eagles. I looked on www.tirerack.com and they don't seem to list any other tires in the OME size. My suggestion would eb to look at Bridgestone SO-2's or SO-3's if you want some of the best performance tires out ther. Otherwise find out the OEM tires on BMW M-cars and you may discover that the tires they come with would suit your needs better.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I've done some research on the matter since I'm getting new ones put on today. From what I understand, the important things to match are the tire height (OEM 26.3) and you have to be within the allowed rim width range. As far as I know the height doesn't have to be exact, but as close as you can get.

I wanted to get the 255/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s, but because of the allowed rim width range, I had to get a wider rim (17x8). See this thead for more details: http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=989.

You can find the specs for tires on tirerack.com.

You'll notice the tire height for the 255/45/17s is 26.0. Slightly shorter than the OEM, but should be close enough.

I hope this answers your question.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rsamper

I'm getting ready to replace my original tires in my G35 Sedan with the sports suspension and Aerio Package. None of the dealers carry the OEM tires (Goodyear Eagle GS-D W-rated). They only carry the Goodyear Eagle RSA which are only V-rated. Are their any other alternatives to the Goodyear Eagle GS-Ds? The Goodyear Web Site does not even list them. Can you go from 215/55-17s to 224/55-17s.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't get the RSAs under any circumstances; they're terrible tires. I've done a lot of looking and the only reasonable choice is a 235/50/17 (within 2% of stock tires); which you can put on the stock wheels. In that size, far and away the best tires are the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. They're expense (~$200 each), but they give 40,000+ miles of tread life. Look at the tests and reviews on Tirerack.com. Also make sure you do a thorough search for the best price; I've seen prices from $196-275.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
How you likin the tires lead?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

How you likin the tires lead?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just got'em tonight. Just drove them home from the tire place (about 3 miles away) so I didn't get to really test them out. I can tell already, much quieter and much smoother. I'll drive it to work tomorrow and report back.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footJust got'em tonight. Just drove them home from the tire place (about 3 miles away) so I didn't get to really test them out. I can tell already, much quieter and much smoother. I'll drive it to work tomorrow and report back.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wait a minute, you ended up mounting them on your stock rims, or did you get the Enkeis finally? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got it all. Check out the pics in the new topic entitled "Lead_foot has a new pair of shoes..."

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Got my ride dropped today, enjoying the most out of my Goodyears!

XL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.