Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a G35 sedan for my wife and I notice when you hit a rough spot in the road the light jiggle like they are lose, anyone experience the same problem, or have any ideas? I bought the 2003.5 with the HID system , I also bought the G35 sport coupe for myself, I feel these cars are not of great quality the fit and finish is not great, what if any opions are out there right now?

travis escalante

·
Registered
96 Posts
No auto-leveling headlights on the sedan. Does the coupe?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
HID head lamps are composed of a constant running spark between two electrodes in a xenon gas-filled capsule. Once they are ignited, the spark is sustained within the two electrodes, much like an arc welder. If you hit a bump, the spark moves, causing quick distortions in the lighting. This is specially noticeable in the sport sedan and coupe, where the suspensions are much stiffer. And by the way, these cars are far from cheap my friend... [^]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ojaiboy1
I feel these cars are not of great quality the fit and finish is not great, what if any opions are out there right now?

travis escalante
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What did you drive before that makes you feel the quality of these cars is no good? What are you comparing them to? Just curious.

Aside from the shaky headlights (which I have not experienced or ever heard of happening to other owners) what other problems have you noticed with your sedan and your coupe. We would all like to hear about your experience.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah tell us what can possibly be so bad about these fine cars? The only person that I can imagine saying something like that, is someone that is stepping down from Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, and not even. So bring it on! Spill the beans!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Yeah tell us what can possibly be so bad about these fine cars? The only person that I can imagine saying something like that, is someone that is stepping down from Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, and not even. So bring it on! Spill the beans!

XL

the side of my sport coupe, back by the rear windows is a very weak area, I had some service done on my ride at the dealer and the car washer damaged the body by putting a dent on the car just by drying it you should check yous, just look down the side of your ride right above your left rear tire. I had to take it in because the wiring harness for the seat warmers was put on wrong, when I picked up my new car, there was chips on the brembo brake calipers on the left side on my car.
The headlights are a problem on the sedan and Infiniti knows about it, I have taken it my local dealer and they wish that Infiniti would fix the problem, It's a headlight bucket design defect, it is on there QX4 model as well, the low beam bucket shakes, I have 19 rims and tires so It might be a light worse with the low profile tires on it, but it is there, If you dont believe me, go out to your cars, and tap on the headlight bucket with the low beams on and the driving lights off, and watch the jiggle, I bet you in a couple months or years it will be a recall, Me friends does the same thing, If you don't believe contact the thousand oaks dealer.

travis escalante

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">the side of my sport coupe, back by the rear windows is a very weak area, I had some service done on my ride at the dealer and the car washer damaged the body by putting a dent on the car just by drying it you should check yous, just look down the side of your ride right above your left rear tire. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Me too. Same with the front fender.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm getting a body creak from where the front left fender meets the door. Must be from that small fender bender I had a while ago. I'm going to check it out this weekend with the dealer and dealer body shop...

XL

·
Registered
96 Posts
X, you had an accident?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm getting a body creak from where the front left fender meets the door. Must be from that small fender bender I had a while ago. I'm going to check it out this weekend with the dealer and dealer body shop...

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

X, you had an accident?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

7 days after driving it home some idiot slipped up and slightly banged into my driver's side by a parking lot. No biggie though, Infiniti made quick work of making it new again. Now I'm like, "what accident?" [lol]

XL

·
Registered
177 Posts
yes i have had this problem as well. On the california freeways, the old ones especailly, i can see the HID refection on the road being very unstable. It looks as is the ground is moving. The lights seem very unfocused at times. im sure this problem will be fixed.
G35 sedan auto//DG/willow/premium/chromes

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do not have this issue with the headlamps in the 04 sedan. Rock solid. I have the xenon/HID's, ditto on xzellerate's post. My headlamps are well sealed and locked in place.

They may have changed the lamp mounting design or corrected any issues for 2004. I do know infiniti has a voluntary recall for 2003 headlamps. Reference, http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Recalls/G35/2003.htm

Also on infiniti.com and login to your "ownership link".

Not an engineer of course...not sure how this may or may not cause vertical travel in the headlamps unless the tamper gaurds also hold any adjustment bolts/threaded travels in place...but check into it.

Gist of it is as follows:
Affected Vehicles: 36000

Defect Summary:
CERTAIN SEDANS FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, #65533;LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.#65533; IN THE ASSEMBLY OF THE HEADLAMPS, IT IS NECESSARY TO HAVE A MEANS TO ADJUST THE HEADLAMPS. TAMPERPROOF CAPS TO PREVENT HORIZONTAL ADJUSTMENT OF THE HEADLAMPS ARE THEN INSTALLED. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES ARE MISSING THE TAMPERPROOF CAPS.
Consequence Summary:

Corrective Summary:
DEALERS WILL INSTALL THE MISSING TAMPERPROOF CAPS ON THE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN JANUARY 20, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200

2004 5AT G35 Sedan | "Pearlescent White" on Graphite | Premium | Sport
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist perversion and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-- Base Commander Ripper

·
Registered
35 Posts
As far as "cheap" quality, i would also disagree. I have an 2004 G35x, my twin has a 2003 G35 coupe and a 2001 QX4, and my father has a 2003 FX35 and that are all built rock solid.

As far as the headlight wobble, i have not noticed that in my sedan or my brothers coupe. havent been in dad's fx at night, so dont know about that, but he has said anything about wobbly lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.