Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys might notice any manufacture problems on the G35 coupe, 6mt. I'm gonna get one soon and just want to know if there are any. Besides for the brakes wearing fast, any other problems?

thx.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
On the coupe, there's been one recall and there are several TSBs.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
gundamsi, welcome to the board.

To be more specific, the recall had to do with the brake light controller. You can read about some of the TSB's here. It appears the site has not been updated in awhile, so it's definitely not all of them.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK ya'll.

Is everyone's ride perfect?

I'm on the fence between the G35 automatic and 330ci

Personally I think the 330ci auto is a slug compared to the G35 auto

I noticed that the G35 car I test drove had a square
on the right side of the center console between the shifter and
ash tray that looked like there was supposed to be a button
like the seat heater controls but they took it off in preproduction
and did a bad job of cleaning up the master mold for the
center console cover. The salesman said it was there in case
they wanted to add a switch at a later time.

The first G35 I test drove had a broken sunroof.

Dish the dirt boys and girls. I'm getting quoted $41, 325 out the
door and at this price I want QUALITY even if I have to reach down to
adjust the seatback angle. The performance is sucking me in.

KSW

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ksw

I'm getting quoted $41, 325 out the
door and at this price I want QUALITY even if I have to reach down to
adjust the seatback angle. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are getting quoted wayyyy too high. You should be able to walk out the door with a 2003 for less than $38k.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
noooo are u kidding me first off coupe = 2001, with prem. and leather.. ok listen
the lil button switch thing.. may be its for the 2004 or 2005 models.. may be they will just use the same dash bored and pop out the thing and put a button there for something else.. who knows!! time will tell!

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

noooo are u kidding me first off coupe = 2001, with prem. and leather.. ok listen
the lil button switch thing.. may be its for the 2004 or 2005 models.. may be they will just use the same dash bored and pop out the thing and put a button there for something else.. who knows!! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Someone please decipher this jibberish for me?[dunce] I am first thrown off by "first off coupe = 2001"

·
Registered
33 Posts
The price I was given at $41,325 is the "out the door" price
with all 3 option packages plus nav. Premium, sport, aero and Nav.

They wanted to charge me $900 for wheel locks, paint protection
and window treatment to stop rain from sticking. I said no to that
since I can put wheel locks, rain-X and protection on myself for
less than a cnote.

On the button outline. Check your center consoles and see if you
don't have the faint outline of where a button was going to be. I just
think it's the little things that make a "Car of the Year" car of the decade.

KSW

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The faint line is there on my coupe. Noticed it right away, but it's not a big deal for me. I figured it could be used for some add-on down the line.

I would assume your "out the door" price includes tax as well? What percentage is your state tax?

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
By the way, if you're paying MSRP, they should throw the wheel locks in for free. That's what my dealer did. As well as all of the floor mats. Don't pay for those. Except the trunk mat. Oddly enough, they consider that part of MSRP since it comes from the factory.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The center console is common to the sedan and coupe. On the sedan, that's punched out and there's an extra power adapter in its spot, I believe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What happened to "gundamsi's" question? Oh well, here's my answer. No, I've not noticed any mfg. problems with the coupe. Normal, very small stuff. One side of my door trim was sticking up; a service mgr. was able to use a paper clip (yes, really!), and work his way under the rubber and secure it down. It's been trouble free for about 6,000 miles so I guess it's a permanent fix.

Also, had the clicking sound from the rear axle; dealer lubed and retorqued bolts on axle and trailing arms, all under warranty. No more clicking noise. That's it.[^]

Re ksw: if you think buying a BMW 330i coupe is an alternative to the G35 for ride, comfort, looks, extras/accessories, quality, prestige, handling, performance, etc. go ahead.[:D] For the dollars, I don't agree. Thus, I own a 6mt G coupe. Don't knock the G tho. It's less dollars and, from my ownership of almost 12,000 miles, a very good car in many respects for what I paid for it.

Are there things I'd change on it, if money were no object? Yes. Are there things I'd change on the BMW if money were no object? Yes. And starting price would be one of them.[boink]

Your choice, but I expect we'll be seeing you in a BMW. Anyone who thinks that's the comparable car doesn't really want a G, in my opinion.[:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts