Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think Honda makes a great mini-van...So I bought one. My wife loves it. I did not, however, think that a 5 year old Accord with new sheet metal was how I was going to get around. I drove the TL and the CL. It's not even close. These guys are just upset because they are jealous. We have to expect this, so just let it ride. We have the best car it the class.

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
33 Posts
all you need to know - G35 = motortrend car(s) of the year!

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jonathan

all you need to know - G35 = motortrend car(s) of the year!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I got the Road & Track special edition right in front of me, saying the G came in 1st place among 11 "super sedans". We got to admit, our cars really put the
on all other makes when you consider value.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Felt that I wanted to add my 10cents worth to the debate, I see it like this; The Acura is a great family sedan (probably one of the very best) but trying to be a sports car(6mt especially). The G is is a great sports car, I have the 6mt sedan, that does double duty as a family sedan.....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It'd be a great car if Honda had put a rear wheel drive in it. The idea of a sophisticated performance automobile being front wheel drive is to me laughable.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
My ex girlfriend drives a 2003 Acura CL-S. I drove it plenty of times. It's a sweet car, but I like my coupe so much more. The looks alone (inside and out) do it for me.
A friend of mine works at an Acura dealership, and he's been trying to get me to come in and drive one of the new TLs. He says I'll like it more than my G....HAHA..I seriously doubt that.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont underestimate the new 04 TL. It is one very nice car. Also this whole issue about rear and front drive is a bit out of hand. I doubt that there are many drivers out there who can truly exploit either the G or the TL and push them to their limits. Nonetheless before you chastise me for being a TL fan let me assure you I love my G and for me this was the best choice - loads of power, tons of torque (Acura really needs to make more torque) not too revvy - I like the power, comfortable seats and overall the right balance of sport with enough family responsibility thrown in to make sure that my kids are comfortable back there. A great antidote to a mid life crisis!!

6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also this whole issue about rear and front drive is a bit out of hand. I doubt that there are many drivers out there who can truly exploit either the G or the TL and push them to their limits.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Being one of those people, I couldn't care less whether or not others can tell the difference. I can and it's an unconquerable hurdle for the car in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well I've had nothing but pickups from the time I was 16 till now (im 24). I learned how to drive sideways in my first truck. I beat the crap out of that thing. I love the way the G can break the tires loose on a slick asphalt road at 40mph. Nothing like a little fish-tail to get your heart pumping. Breaking the back end loose is so much more fun than breaking the front end loose.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
47 Posts
What would bother me more (front vs Rear) is buying and automatic - traffic or not (incidentaly in my home town the traffic is extremely heavy)- this I would never consider - the pleasure of actually controlling and learning to master the balance of car through the appropriate gears is where the real skill and pleasure lie.

·
Registered
869 Posts
here here, I had a 2000 civic Si before the G and I loved it. It handled so precicely compared to the G. We'll see if we can change that though.

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
'03.5 6MT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Heated Seats | Nismo CAI

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Did you see the new Motor Trend 2004 car of the year.

"Toyota Prius"

What's going on....

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Remember, COY isn't in any specific category. The Prius is a groundbreaking car in many ways, and I think it certainly deserves the award.

2003.5 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | 350Z intake | Pictures

·
Registered
42 Posts
I test drive both the '04 TL 6MT and '04 G35 6MT (both Sedan and Coupe), finally opting for the G35 Sedan, and can say that there is a lot to like about both cars. I don't typically drive at the limit, but I can definitely feel the difference between a FWD and RWD car. RWD, to me, makes it more of a point and shoot affair (except when you are close to the limit and accelerating hard through a corner).

The TL was very smooth --too smooth in my opinion. The G35 is shows off its power in many ways: (i) the rumble in the stick, (ii) the engine sound, (iii) the look on BMW 330 owner's faces...

The TL also has the sweetest NAV going. The voice activation swept my wife away. The seat are also much better on the TL.

In the end, though, if your looking for a driver's car, then the G35 will win out. That's what happened to me. I was on my way to buy the TL when I went for one last test drive. I bought that very car.

RE

2004 G35 Sedan 6MT, NAV (Black/Graphite)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts