Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is BOB and I have a problem with the G35 coupe. I can't stop thinking about it. I will be picking it up this week from the dealership here in Houston.[:D] In the meantime I have modifications to consider.

Has anyone seen the body side moldings on a G?

They are especially difficult for me to find on the web. I have been to g35 accessories.com and just about everywhere else. Any suggestions or comments? One other thing- my G35 coupe is coming with the Aero Kit/spiller package. I have noticed the front-lip addition to the aero kit; any problems with the ground clearance on driveways, etc. I an inclined to believe that it should be no problem because of the G's long wheelbase. What's the verdict team?

Any input is greatly appreciated. -Bienvenue

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bienvenue... and congrats on the new car!

The body side moldings are not much to write home about. You can see them in this pic. It's just the thin protective strip you see running along the door to prevent dings:

regards,

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
wow, i have never realized just how unnatractive the side molding is... [crazy][V]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be sure to post a pic of the coupe when it is in! By the way, the name isn't Bob- it is Andrew.[lol]
Until then- my best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question:
Can I pay the dealer to install the aluminum pedals (seen in the FX) in my coupe? If they are unavailable- can anyone make a suggestion for an alternative aluminum pedal set for the G? Thanx
-Bienvenue

2003 G35 Coupe; 5AT Brilliant/Graphite; Premium, Sport, Aero Kit
Due Thursday, July 10!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Depends on your dealer. Some will, some won't. If not, look up Grubbs Infiniti in the Dallas Fort Worth area. They'll ship you everything you need. It's a 20 minute project, max.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome bienvenue!

My G came with the body side moldings pre-installed. See sig hyperlink for pics.

I have the aero kit on my G. I have noticed that if I do not drive in or out at an angle, I do get some light scrape (has only happened once - learned my lesson) - however I think this was the black plastic piece that sticks down even further below the painted section. We have front-entry drives here in my subdivision and the curbs even at the driveway entrances have some incline to them. I have not noticed scrape anywhere else (like speed bumps).

I too am considering the aluminum pedals and will probably be giving Grubbs a call soon (as they are just across the metroplex from me).

2003 G35 6MT | DES PLAT | PREM | AERO
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/shelties....dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=g35coupe-m6a.jpg&.src=ph

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think the car looks better with the side moldings....

It kind of breaks up an otherwise boring door panel. To me, the doors/sides of the car are just too flat and straight. Other than that, the car is gorgeous.

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bienvenue

Hi my name is BOB and I have a problem with the G35 coupe. I can't stop thinking about it. I will be picking it up this week from the dealership here in Houston.[:D] In the meantime I have modifications to consider.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yo w'sup Bob... (doesnt' matter if you claim your name is Andrew... you will forever be known as Bob now...) I'm from Houston too... what specs is ur car (Color, AT/MT?, packages?) We should have a Houston meet sometime and all go cruisin down Westheimer or somethin =P

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AznShodan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bienvenue

Hi my name is BOB and I have a problem with the G35 coupe. I can't stop thinking about it. I will be picking it up this week from the dealership here in Houston.[:D] In the meantime I have modifications to consider.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yo w'sup Bob... (doesnt' matter if you claim your name is Andrew... you will forever be known as Bob now...) I'm from Houston too... what specs is ur car (Color, AT/MT?, packages?) We should have a Houston meet sometime and all go cruisin down Westheimer or somethin =P
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey Azn,

Look here in case you hadn't seen this:
http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1437

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
818 Posts
Those BSM's are so thin (what, an inch wide?), I don't know exactly what they would prevent from happening... I was thinking about getting them too, but decided against it based on the look and the unlikely event that they would prevent a ding in the first place...[bigmouth]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts