Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine is debating whether to get the G or the Crossfire...

Any opinions??

I told him..."One word that should convince you on which way to go"

Chrysler.....[loser]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The crossfire looks cool, but your one word says it all...

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tony Soprano would respond by saying "BADABINGBADABOOM!"

(chrysler [censored])

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

At Chrysler.com, the base price for a Backfire is $34K. There is no Navi and no Aero to upgrade to. It comes with a V-6 Mercedes engine and has a HP to Weight ratio of 14, which is on par with an Eclipse @ 14.27. The Audi TT @ 12.9, Lexus SC 430 @12.8 and the BMW Z4 @ 12.8 run in the same range. The G35c has a ratio of 12. The 350Z has a hp ratio of 10.9, assuming curb weight is 3,150. IMHO, a ratio of 10 would be optimal. The Backfire is a two seater only and is more comparable with the 350Z. The Crossfire is the same length as the Audi TT, but 4 inches narrower. As I recall, gas tank is only 15.9 gallons instead of the 20 in the Infiniti G35c. Thus checking out the Z or G35c would be advisable. Being a 4 seater, the G35c has a lower insurance cost, better performance, larger capacity, and costs about the same. I suspect it will have better resale value down the road, but I am keeping mine forever! [:)]

6MT DP

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Infiniti is looking for you to come run a dealership for them....[clapper]

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not so sure they should be compared. Comparing it to a Z would probably be more of a same class comparo.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
15 Posts
All good points Ripley. I don't understand why sports cars have to be only 2 seats or when there are back seats there might as well not be. The G35c is a sports car yet there's room in the back. Although I like the look of the chrysler I'd go with the G.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem with Chrysler is that they're more worried about how much "showroom traffic" the Crossfire can generate, than how well the car works, has anyone ever left Chrysler service dept. NOT pissed off??

Infiniti Service Dept. treats you like GOLD!! "What do you need?, we'll take care of it"....

God help you if you're Crossfire needs extended service, right to a Neon Green Neon you go!![crazy]
If that!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that a high speed test drive would help him figure this out pretty quick.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most of these "Roadsters" end up to be chick cars!! CLK for SURE!![ghey]

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts