Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the optional 18" wheels on my coupe (desert platinum) which I like. What are the negatives in having these chromed ? Also, about how much does this cost ?

What optional, wider tires would fit on these wheels ?

Any input would appreciated ! Thanks.

Skiraider

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you chrome the stock rims they will definitely weigh more (I would see this as a disadvantage, but you might not mind the extra pounds)

Also, if they chrome the rims and you dont like them chromed, then you just ruined 4 rims at 800 a pop.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent point re the chrome--I am probably not going to do that ---I will buy wider tires when the stock tires wear out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you get different tires I would stay away from the Michelins. In Canada the G35 get delivered with 225-45-18 (245 on the back) Pilot Sports. I had the sidewall of the right front bow out at 120KPH on the weekend. Infinti wants me to pay as the warrenty is covered by Michelin not infiniti!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sorry to hear about that 1over0. Did you, or the car get hurt? Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for asking sav505. Car and driver fine. But I had to limp 100km back home at 80kph. Embar[:I]assing being passed on the highway going 80kph!!

6MT Silverstone

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by skiraider

What optional, wider tires would fit on these wheels ?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

have done a little research and I believe that the widest that you could fit would be 275s. I think that for my next set of tires I will probably go with 245s in the front and 275s in the back. It should give the car a nice agressive look and add a considerable amount of traction.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
10 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1over0

If you get different tires I would stay away from the Michelins. In Canada the G35 get delivered with 225-45-18 (245 on the back) Pilot Sports. I had the sidewall of the right front bow out at 120KPH on the weekend. Infinti wants me to pay as the warrenty is covered by Michelin not infiniti!

Don't bash the tires just because you had a blowout. There are many reasons that could have happened and not all of them are defective tires. You could have unknowing hit something in the road or they could have been mounted wrong.

G35 Coupe 6MT
Diamond Graphite / Graphite Leather
Aero & Premium Package

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yes, The Michelin Pilot Sports are some of the most respected touring tires on the market. They are also pretty much one of the best performing.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think that for my next set of tires I will probably go with 245s in the front and 275s in the back. It should give the car a nice agressive look and add a considerable amount of traction.

How much do you think that'll cost?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
like 265 for each front tire and 333 for each rear.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
haha..I cant wait to get my first set replaced!

G35 Coupe/5at/Obsidian Black/Graphite/Prem/Performance. Tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
haha, what is it only 1200 dollars? and with the way I drive that mean approx. $2400 a year.[bigeyes] That is going to suck [jaw]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The cheapest I've found for the one Michelin Pilot Sport W-rated I'm having replaced is $275. And that's the smaller front tire.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Don't forget delivery costs.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
true, but I know that last time I ordered from them the delivery was dirt cheap because they have a storage facility in Louisiana. And I am sure that if you talk to the salesman on the phone you can haggle them into free shipping anyway. Remember, no price is ever set in stone anymore.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Probably, but I don't think the $20 is worth waiting for them to deliver it, assuming I could even haggle them down, especially on a single tire order. But those are good thoughts if someone is planning ahead of time to replace all tires.

My bigger concern is tire warranty. The place I'm going though pro-rate warranties the tire for its rated distance and includes lifetime of balancing and rotation for free. Should some other asshole put another blade into my wheel, Discount will replace it for me and not charge me the full $270.

I went through quite a few $120 low pros on my Prizm for less than $20 a piece, which makes it worthwhile to me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow, that is amazing! Is this place a national chain? That definitely sounds like a sweet deal. I will have to call around at the tire places in town to see if they do similar deals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts